Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive ridden both the crest and the mid mountain loop (from park city to the canyons) several times. i'm thinking about starting at the Canyons, riding the mid mountain then up to shadow lake, then hitting the crest down into millcreek then back home. i have a shuttle set up. How is the mid mountain in that direction, Canyons to Park City? I guess it would just be a big grunt to start, then pretty sweet all the way to Park City. How about Shadow Lake to the Crest, I havent done that. Is it pretty obvious?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Do yourself a favor and pick up one of the Mountain Trails Org maps.

Yeah, big grunt up to the Mid-Mountain. I'd take Colin's up to the MMT. Great ride across to Thayne's canyon. If you're short on time, turn right and head up Thayne's to Scott's Pass. It's a grunt.

If you've got time, continue on the MMT to where the Crescent Mine Grade Trail heads up (it will be a right turn at the fork if you're heading south). Ride up CMGT until you hit the dirt road, turn hard left (east) and follow the road around to where the Apex Trail heads up (on the right/south side). Take the Apex up to the Shadow Lake Trail and follow this up around Shadow Lake and onto the dirt road (turn left/west -- there is a single track that turns left just before the road -- take the road, the single track is steep and loose). Follow the dirt road up to Scott's Pass.

Have a great ride! It's a fun loop.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ya that Park City trail map is a must have. I personally only ride the mid mountain from the Canyons to PC if I'm in the mood for an epic grunt. It's mostly uphill in that direction. You could also shuttle to PC and do the MM to the Canyons then a short grind up to the crest connector and down into Mill Creek...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.