Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone is doing this series? I am thinking about doing it just don't know the rules. Do you have to sign up for all races, or can you just pick a few? I have never raced before, just wanted to do a few and see what it is like. Any suggestions?

Alex

·
Registered
779 Posts
you are allowed to show up to whichever races you please. you can pre-register or register the morning of. i did about 3/4 of the the MASS in 2001 and 2002 and i wasnt terribly impressed. the courses are so-so and the organizers needed to iron out the kinks a little. either way hundreds of racers showed up so it made for a full day event. i enjoyed my time at the races, but wished the venues were at slightly nicer parks. the one good thing i found was that werever the races were i could always find a park n' camp area nearby so lodging was kept to <$25 a night.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
excellent!!!! That means that I am def. going to do some of the races this year. I just want to do a few and see what they are like, so that next year, maybe I will do them all and keep a running tally on how I am doing.

Thanks for you feedback, much appreciated:thumbsup:

Alex

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've raced this series for several years and have found that generally, the events are well organized. The venues run the gamut from very technical to fairly non-technical. They're all fun. No license is necessary. My advice is to go for it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.