Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two small planes collided over San Pablo Bay yesterday:

Two Small Planes Crash in the Air Near Richmond-San Rafael Bridge, Pilot Missing | NBC Bay Area

The pilot who died, Dave, was an airplane mechanic and coworker of mine. Dave's dad Bob also works at Cessna and was my crew chief for many years. We wrench on jets. Dave also maintained and flew old warbirds and worked the pits at the Reno Air Races; aviation was both a vocation and an avocation for him. In the hangar, we consoled ourselves by saying, "He died doing what he loved." But at this moment, reality is a really difficult pill to swallow...

My heart goes out to Dave's wife, his family, and his friends...

2006 Yosemite. Bob, Dave, and me:

Bag Outdoor recreation Mountain Adventure Luggage and bags

Top of Half Dome:
Rock Bedrock Outcrop Monochrome Monochrome photography

Rest in Peace, Dave.

·
Registered
689 Posts
My condolences to family and friends. It is sad when someone that is full of life is taken away so young.

Thanks for putting a name to the pilot and posting photos of who he was.

I hope we find out why the collision occurred, so flying can be made safer and learn from his loss.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the replies, peeples.

the marine salvage company pulled the fuselage from the bay today. i suppose having the remains will bring closure to his family, but i keep having morbid visions of the underwater crash site. ugh.

·
Weird huh?
2,286 Posts
Nice.
Curious, is this the SeaFury that's based in Hollister?

Also, and I am taking some liberties here.

With regard to the result of the crash being underwater...and the thoughts that may bring up. Dave left when he knew what was happening. If physical death is imminent, sometimes energy steps away and soars free.

I typed the words above with profound respect and love. Sing his life and he will always live.

Blessings and white light to him.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice.
Curious, is this the SeaFury that's based in Hollister?
It's Dreadnought, flown out of Eagle's Nest Airport, Ione.

Airplane Sky Aircraft Aviation Propeller

Some info here:
Sanders Aeronautics - Aircraft - Hawker Sea Fury T Mk.20 "Dreadnought"

Dave is second from the left in this team photo:

Airplane Wheel Mode of transport Aircraft Propeller

Also, and I am taking some liberties here.

With regard to the result of the crash being underwater...and the thoughts that may bring up. Dave left when he knew what was happening. If physical death is imminent, sometimes energy steps away and soars free.

I typed the words above with profound respect and love. Sing his life and he will always live.

Blessings and white light to him.
Thank you; I'm going to forward this note to the family, I think they would appreciate it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.