Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I snapped a few pics of this bike while it was at the shop. I am guessing mid 90s? It is in very good shape except for the Specialized fork being froze up. Not knowing nearly what I would like to about vintage mtb stuff, all I can say about that fork is that it had carbon legs and mentions the presence of titanium on the decal. The bike has XTR 8 speed stuff but an XT rear derailleur. Can anybody tell me some general info (anything I might not deduce from looking at the bike) for my memory bank storage?

Attachments

·
All 26.5" all the time!
1,855 Posts
The frame is early '90s, and many of the parts look to be upgraded/replaced over the years. The fork is from '94 and is air sprung. It requires an inflaton needle to add pressure and takes somewhere between 35-50 psi per leg. I think it shares internals with the Rock Shox Mag 21.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The frame is probably a 93/early 94 so I am willing to bet that the fork is origional. The fork does share the internals with the Mag 21. I road one for a little under a year until the head tube sheered off. Luckily I noticed the crack when it was only about 1 inch long and the rest of the sheering was somewhat induced. I didn't really like the ride and ended up replacing it with an M2 which I am still riding today. It was pretty bling for it's time though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.