Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for Microspline compatible 135 hubs. Looks like DT only comes in 142, Shimano is out, White Industries seems to fit the bill. Any others??

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I am looking for Microspline compatible 135 hubs. Looks like DT only comes in 142, Shimano is out, White Industries seems to fit the bill. Any others??
I have no actual experience with Microspline yet, but if it is like other DT hubs it should be convertible with end caps. It may need a specific microspline end cap, much like XD has a specific endcap. (But the XD endcap isn't actually "that" specific" in my experience)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats the real question. 142 and 135 are the same axle width but I don't know if the endcaps would fit for a qr. DT would be fantastic as I could just swap a cassette body (although it seems that is hit an mis as well) but if the endcaps don't fit it sounds like a PIA

·
since 4/10/2009
34,610 Posts
I9 Torch hubs (you can buy a micro spline driver to fit them), if you find a used set or some NOS ones floating around on sale somewhere in the spec you need otherwise. That said, I never saw any Torch micro spline hubs or wheelsets for sale before I9 went to the Hydras.

You can do Hydras, too, but the cheaper 101 hubs are boost only.

·
This place needs an enema
17,091 Posts
I think I heard or read somewhere that DT isn't making QR endcaps for Microspline. I remember thinking it made sense, actually -- if you need the alleged newest/latest/greatest drivetrain you probably aren't interested/invested in QR skewers.

Probably easy to take an existing DT QR endcap and machine it to fit tho.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QR endcaps availeble

I think I heard or read somewhere that DT isn't making QR endcaps for Microspline. I remember thinking it made sense, actually -- if you need the alleged newest/latest/greatest drivetrain you probably aren't interested/invested in QR skewers.

Probably easy to take an existing DT QR endcap and machine it to fit tho.

In the meantime, DT-Swiss has a Microspline body with QR
available:
HWYABL0058810S

http://www.dtswiss.com/en/support/conversion-charts/rotor-kits-mtb-shimano-micro-spline/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.