Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the Microshift thumb shifter that came with my son's Cleary Meerkat 24 (too difficult for him). Ideally, I'd like to do this as inexpensively as possible by just changing the shifter. The derailleur is a Microshift Marvo LT 9 speed (bike is 1x9). I want to know if the Shimano 9 speed trigger shifters would be compatible. Something like the right shifter from these:

Shimano Alivio SL-M4000 3X9 Shifters > Components > Drivetrain > Mountain Shifters | Jenson USA

I know Microshift shifters are compatible with Shimano derailleurs but wasn't sure if it worked the other way. Thanks!

·
Registered
11,038 Posts
Yes, it has to. If the shift ratio is the same it will work both ways.

Microshift also make grip-shifters. That might work out easier for him?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I was thinking about the Microshift grip shifters - it's what he actually wants (we have a Dahon bike he tried and the grip shifter works well on it), but in the family thread I see so many parents complaining about grip shifters and moving to triggers. Maybe I'll try the Microshift grip shifters first - they're inexpensive, so even if it doesn't work, it's not that big an investment. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts