Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

I have a '17 Scalpel-Si with a formula hub, the catalog said it was a DHT 142x12mm variant--I'm trying to source a Micro Spline freehub body for it. Can anyone link one or offer an option? I'm not crazy about having to rebuild a wheel around a new hub...if it's avoidable.

--Cheers and thank you!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Formula got back to me and stated that this freehub is interchangeable, despite it being for the MST boost series of hubs. FH-904A--I'm trying to figure out if the FH-904 (missing the "A" at the end of the product number) available via Commencal is usable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The answer is Yes, the 904A is the same FH body, but it is without a spacer that the 904 comes with. For those with this hub, Formula was damn responsive and provided technical drawings with part numbers. I'm impressed with how responsive they've been in helping me convert a HG cassette body to a new MicroSpline! Cheers to Formula!

I'll just leave this here...as the internet was not able to fetch me a search result on this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@Blurider24 This is great information! How did you get it? I have a CL14811 hub that came on my 2018 Scott Spark 710 that I want to convert to a micro spline, and I'm running into the exact same problems you were! If you have a contact at Formula, I'd love to get that from you!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Blurider24 This is great information! How did you get it? I have a CL14811 hub that came on my 2018 Scott Spark 710 that I want to convert to a micro spline, and I'm running into the exact same problems you were! If you have a contact at Formula, I'd love to get that from you!
Honestly, I used the contact form on Formula's website. The person on the receiving end was incredibly helpful and knew their product mix, well enough, to be able to recommend the appropriate FH Body. it wasn't just a 'one offs thing either...we went back and forth a few times.

Truly a class act! Especially considering this is an OEM-tier supplier that was dealing with a retail customer that wasn't going to buy from them directly. I've got 100ish miles on the part without issue...now to press some new bearings into the shell before the season warms up.

Good luck and be safe out there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.