Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
West Chester, PA
4,942 Posts
Maybe too much to ask, but any word of SRAM making some microspline freehub bodies? One reason I got SRAM 900 hubs was the compatibility with everything out there, but that didn't last long.
Never going to happen. The last time Shimano invented a new freehub standard Sram didn't even make hubs. Yet they still came along and took a massive portion of the oem market. Shimano needs their microspline groups to be a big oem success and they're definitely not going to help sram fight them

·
West Chester, PA
4,942 Posts
Now King is saying they may make some microspline drivers with 142 axles if they hear from enough people. If you want one email them.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I'm expecting $350-400 USD. I asked on Facebook but got no response it's not anywhere on the website.

So I'm guessing it's one of those things if you have to ask you can't afford it.

·
West Chester, PA
4,942 Posts
I'm expecting $350-400 USD. I asked on Facebook but got no response it's not anywhere on the website.

So I'm guessing it's one of those things if you have to ask you can't afford it.
Yeah. The xd driver with bearings is like $250, so this will be higher. The titanium driver, axle and bearings from white industries is $150

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Seems that raceface have a microspline freehub for their vault hubs. Part number: F60144

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Never going to happen. The last time Shimano invented a new freehub standard Sram didn't even make hubs. Yet they still came along and took a massive portion of the oem market. Shimano needs their microspline groups to be a big oem success and they're definitely not going to help sram fight them
Truth. Sram will not (ever) sell you a microspline freehub for their hubs.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if Sram 900 hubs are "produced/sourced" generically and branded differently for various OEM's. One of which might also produce a microspline freehub body.

Said differently: I wouldn't be surprised if the factory in Asia that manufactures Sram 900 hub shells also manufactures a microspline freehub that would work just fine. That said, identifying which microspline hub to get for it would be tough. We need someone who knows the supply chains!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts