Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instead of going to Auburn to ride the normal loop of Clementine/Culvert/Stagecoach & Tinker's. I decided to ride Salmon Falls yesterday morning for the first time in about a month or so.

I had a good time but I couldn't help but think that the trail kinda sucks. It's not as great as I thought it was when Mickey Mouse was open. I remember climbing up that fire road and then finally making it to the burnt out Fiat. How sweet it was to get into some nice little semi technical singletrack that points down. I liked hanging out at the platform listening for anyone else coming down the trail and the tired feeling I got when I made the right at the end of lower Mickey and continuing out to the intersection some call the "Three Points" or just the intersection.

It's a bummer Mickey Mouse is closed. It's a bummer because the land up there is going to be developed. I will still ride there but it won't be the same and it won't be too often.

·
mtbr member
29 Posts
J_B said:
Instead of going to Auburn to ride the normal loop of Clementine/Culvert/Stagecoach & Tinker's. I decided to ride Salmon Falls yesterday morning for the first time in about a month or so.

I had a good time but I couldn't help but think that the trail kinda sucks. It's not as great as I thought it was when Mickey Mouse was open. I remember climbing up that fire road and then finally making it to the burnt out Fiat. How sweet it was to get into some nice little semi technical singletrack that points down. I liked hanging out at the platform listening for anyone else coming down the trail and the tired feeling I got when I made the right at the end of lower Mickey and continuing out to the intersection some call the "Three Points" or just the intersection.

It's a bummer Mickey Mouse is closed. It's a bummer because the land up there is going to be developed. I will still ride there but it won't be the same and it won't be too often.
Does anyone know the status of Mickey Mouse? Last time I was up there (3 weeks ago) I rode a little bit down the trail to see for myself. I got to the area where the trail was supposedly blocked off, and the barb wire cut and taken away. If it were not for the pic in this old thread - http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=21149&highlight=mickey+mouse, I would never have noticed it. I don't know if somebody illegally cut the wires down themselves, or if it was done by the owner (unlikely). In any case, I grudgingly turned around back up the trail. Has anyone heard any more details regarding this trail?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't heard anything about it being reopened. I would guess someone cut it down so they can go through. That was me filling up my Camel Back in the pictures. I got soooo sick. I lost a few pounds from the napalm of the ass.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts