Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,878 Posts
great tire.....my dream tire is this in a 2.5 that weighs 1000 to 1100 grams

this tire is awesome on the front....gives great traction, works well in all conditions

where did you buy it and how much??

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Maybe I've been under a rock but I had no idea that a 2.8 tire existed. I used to ride 2.7's but am currently on 2.5's. I'd be interested in hearing how they perform.

·
Banned
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
great tire.....my dream tire is this in a 2.5 that weighs 1000 to 1100 grams

this tire is awesome on the front....gives great traction, works well in all conditions

where did you buy it and how much??
I bought it from a friend who has several Michelin dh tires - $40 bucks!

Best thing I have heard all day :D
"this tire is awesome on the front....gives great traction, works well in all conditions"

Maybe I've been under a rock but I had no idea that a 2.8 tire existed. I used to ride 2.7's but am currently on 2.5's. I'd be interested in hearing how they perform.
Yeah 2.8 is a monster and a soft compound to boot!
If Diablo will open back up I'll give a ride report :madman:

·
Some Assembly Required
4,054 Posts
I tried shipping 4 tires and it was over 100 bucks
Best ft tire I've ever ridden for dh/free ride, been ridin'em for about 6-7 yrz. Now they're a 2.6 rather than a 2.8, however with that said they have alwayz been a wee bit smaller than the published 2.8 size, but the sticky compound & tread have served me well & have saved me arse on a weekly basis.

Hey SMT, no worries on the tirez and shippin stuff, I already have a new one on th ft of my VP Free, got it as soon as my LBS could get it, so it'z all good Holmes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.