Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
ACHOO
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based near Caledon (Ontario).

Nice sunny day today, finally seems like Spring.

Then I notice a snowfall advisory for tonight! Are you MF kidding me!

I give up folks.

I'm going to head out into the snowbanks, only spandex on, and yell, "take me now cold, take me now!"

FU crazy winter, FU.

·
mtbr Decade+
1,545 Posts
Are you MF kidding me!

I give up folks.

I'm going to head out into the snowbanks, only spandex on, and yell, "take me now cold, take me now!"

FU crazy winter, FU.
What Snot said.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I bought the fat bike and enjoyed it this winter, and it lingered on.....
I bought snow shoes and went out for treks with my wife and it lingered on.....
I cracked two weeks ago and am in a fragile state and staying away from ghettocruiser

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
Debating whether or not to shovel tomorrow...

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I cracked two weeks ago and am in a fragile state and staying away from ghettocruiser
Have you tried downhill fat biking at a ski hill?
The snow is perfect for that right now.

·
ACHOO
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This has the elements of a nice haiku.

·
No. Just No.
5,281 Posts
Photo from a local web cam from about 1 minute ago, set up just a couple of minutes away from my office location near the water. Ride planned after work. Yes, I'm a jerk for posting this.

wimpland21mar2014.jpg

·
No. Just No.
5,281 Posts
Correct, jerkiness factor certified.
Acknowledged. Funny how these things even out in the end aside from the cherry picked examples though. Last year through to the first few days of July we only had 1-2 days in the entire year up to that point which hit 15C. Brrrr....

Then we had some freakishly nice weather during the Summer, but the horrors of cold and rain the entire year up to first weekend of July were tough to shake off.

·
Team NFI
5,303 Posts
Acknowledged. Funny how these things even out in the end aside from the cherry picked examples though. Last year through to the first few days of July we only had 1-2 days in the entire year up to that point which hit 15C. Brrrr....

Then we had some freakishly nice weather during the Summer, but the horrors of cold and rain the entire year up to first weekend of July were tough to shake off.
Funny how that works....leave BC and has some of the worst winters for years.

And just to raise the jerk factor.... while everyone here was working I was enjoying it. Yep...hard work this Stay At Home dad job.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I am chuckling at some of the whining about snow in Canada in March. Anyone that thought all of the sudden it was going to all melt and be nice and warm is delusional. Sure the winter has been tough, but there is light at the end of the tunnel and any precipitation now isn't going to be around very long.

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts

I give up folks.

FU crazy winter, FU.
are you still available? i will take you.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Passed through there on the way to Blue mtn today... and the snowbanks along rd 124 are indeed higher than I ever remember. We won't see another March like this for 20+ more years. The mountain bikes are all ready to go... but dang it the skiing has been good!

I give up folks.

FU crazy winter, FU.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts