Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Metric allen sets with 1/4" or 3/8" drive for torque wrench. I am looking to get a set of 2 through 6 or 8mm allens so I can use then on the torque wrench. I know that craftman makes a set -- I think its around $30. Wondered if there is a cheaper alternative -- Koboalt from Lowes or Huskey from Home Depot. I want something of good quality -- not really interested in the Harbor Freight stuff.

Thanks
Ed

· Registered
3,054 Posts
eman2 said:
Metric allen sets with 1/4" or 3/8" drive for torque wrench. I am looking to get a set of 2 through 6 or 8mm allens so I can use then on the torque wrench. I know that craftman makes a set -- I think its around $30. Wondered if there is a cheaper alternative -- Koboalt from Lowes or Huskey from Home Depot. I want something of good quality -- not really interested in the Harbor Freight stuff.
I have a VIM Hand Tools SHM400 - 9 Pc. Metric Stubby Hex Socket Set. It's a 1/4" drive set available for about $20. I also have a Craftsman 3/8" drive set. I have no complaints about the quality of either one.

· All 26.5" all the time!
1,855 Posts
The cheapest alternative is to cut up a set of metric allen keys and use the shanks in your metric socket set with a dab of grease to hold them in place. Most purpose built sets of good quality are going to cost upwards of $30.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.