Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sweet
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading over there soon, any recommended rides? Medium on the epic scale. Say no more than 20 miles? Recovering the knee still.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Court, There's a lot of mix and match stuff around sun Mountain Lodge that will work for your needs. Black Bear and Rader Creek and back via the lake trail are nice. If you want to shuttle you may be able to get Blue Buck off Starvation but my guess is that it's still snowed in. Lightning Creek from the Beaver Creek CG is decent and probably not dusty yet. You will also get pointed to ipestone Canyon which may have the rattlers by now. Also, some good user built above the canyon. Good for exploring with someone who's willing to suck snake venom out of your bite.

Methow River trail will also get a nod. Unfortunately, it's mountainous there and there's still snow in the hills.... have fun!

·
Registered
305 Posts
sun mountain, west fork methow

Hey Court -
The Sun Mountain Loop Borneo mentioned is good. I usually park at the chickadee trail head, ride up thompson ridge road to meadowlark, hit rader creek, back up to chickadee, yellowjacket, fox, black bear then winthrop trail back up to the parking lot...about 20 miles. Nothing like the Sawyer rides you lilke to lead...

Another one to check out is the west fork of the methow. that one is over by mazama. a fire ripped through there a couple of years ago but i hear it is in good shape again.

There are more ride descriptions here.

Kurt

·
dog's best friend
699 Posts
Ditto to west fork of the Methow and also consider Twisp River trail. The elevation gain is on an easy FS road climb. Lots of stream crossings to help cool off the brake pads on the descent.

·
Registered
8 Posts
lightning creek is very dusty right now. West fork methow needs serious brushing in some areas but still worth the trip. Cutthroat pass is full of snow but the ride to the lake is good. Stick to Sun mountain area stuff or Buck mountain is a great loop ~15mi. Watch out for the cows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.