Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
considering this amazing looking bike, and swapping most my parts from a high end build on a Transition.

there's a huge price discrepancy between the 2 shock options. what do you reckon is the practical on trail difference in performance between them?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I thought there were three options: Float DPS, Super Deluxe & DPX2. I've got the DPX2 on my british edition and it feels great. I've heard the super deluxe is overdamped compared to the DPX2 but I don't have first hand experience with it. If you're planning on riding the bike on more than XC trails I'd definitely go with a shock that has an external reservoir. It's much more consistent on long downhill runs as it doesn't overheat as quickly. I don't think you can go wrong with either the SD or DPX2.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The DPX2 is worth it to me because I use my Meta for Enduro and some park riding. You could always get it without a shock and see about picking up a DVO Topaz since they're cheaper and fully serviceable at home (no compressed nitrogen to mess with).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.