Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on a routine expedition
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As always seems to happen, I find myself between sizes and since I don't have a way to test ride both, I'm hoping to get some input here.

I'm 5'10.5" with a 33.25" inseam. I was originally thinking the large was the way to go, but I had a chance to pedal around an XL which felt absoultely huge. I'm worried the L will feel kind of big as well.

Most of my riding is long, mostly non-technical climbs followed by tech, sometimes really steep dh.

My current bike is a large IronHorse 6point with a Lyrik, layback post, and 50mm stem. IH lists the TT at 24", but that's with the 25mm setback post so I imagine it's really closer to 23".

Commencal lists the TT of the M at 22.5" and the L at 23.34". I'm wondering how much I can rely on this for comparison based on the fact the seat tube begins an inch or two in front of the BB.

My inclination is to err on the smaller size. As I've been spending more time on my DH bike (med. Turner DHR) I appreciate the manuverability.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
The Meta 6 runs small. IMO you are perfect for the large. Most guys 5'10" end up on most manufactures size medium and some go large, but on the smaller than usual Meta 6 a large would be perfect for 5'10".

Let me know if we can help you out. We have great prices on 08s and will work with you on an 09.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
At 5'9" I was very comfortable on my medium Meta6 - I also rode a medium 6point for reference. I am riding a Meta5 in medium now and I'm happy with it too. You could probably go either way and with the lower seat tube on the 09, I would probably opt for the large if I were you.

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
I'm 6'1" and I'm definitely getting the XL. I compared the geometry to a Yeti 575, SC Blue and Specialized Enduro (meaning I sat on all of them). And checking the specs, XL it is!

I'd definitely say get the large. Where are you getting it from?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Meta 6 runs small. IMO you are perfect for the large. Most guys 5'10" end up on most manufactures size medium and some go large, but on the smaller than usual Meta 6 a large would be perfect for 5'10".

Let me know if we can help you out. We have great prices on 08s and will work with you on an 09.
any difference between the 08 or 09 frame aside cosmetic?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Dogboy said:
The 09 has ISCG05 chainguide tabs, cable routing for a remote seat post lever, new linkage, and a 1/4" longer stroke shock.
That's pretty much it. I'm not sure if the linkage performs any different. They two bikes feel very similar to me, but the 09 gets 10mm more travel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
well ..I guess you now , must have chosen your frame but the best way is to try the bike.
I'm 6'3" and have a size L meta 666 and it's perfect ! there is no rule .
It's a bike disegned for agressive all mountain and enduro races, " à la Française". perfect for long distance downhills too ( when you often have to pedal a lot ). if you want to have fun in steep downhills ,you gotta get a smaller frame ( that's my point of view)
cheers.

here is my 666 beauty : Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Tire Bicycle frame Wheel

·
Registered
5 Posts
To people who ride Meta6 Small frame,
I am 5'5", 28' inseam. Do you think it Is hard for me to ride it in the trail ?
Its "max insideleg" is 76.2cm on the manual, which I cannot know the meaning well.
If it is difficult, 2010 Intense tracer vp small is ok ?
Unfortunately I had no chance to ride them. Any information is appreciated.
Thank you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.