Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to meet Toddre tonight - by happenstance actually.

I pull up to find out I'm late for a ride. I stated 5:30 for the ride - and my three other riding buddies decided they'd be ready at 5:15! Doh.

So I'm scramblin to get rolling and up pulls a tall dude with an On One Inbred. We exchange in small talk and it doesn't hit me til I'm rolling away that it was Toddre.

He then says, hey are you Mark - I say yep, and he confirms he's Toddre. I should have known instantly when he rolled up with that Inbred 29er.

Toddre - sorry I seemed kinda rushed.

Next time, I'll include you in my "do you wanna ride" email. I usually ride quite often with those other three yahoos and you are more than welcome to join us our next time out.

I apologize now for not asking you to join in tonight, but I was runnin late and felt that I needed to get my butt rollin since they'd been waiting for me at the trailhead.

Great night for a ride wasn't it??

Edit - I'm going to try and ride the Reservoir again tomorrow night. If you are free, let's rip it up. Well in my case it'll be trying to rip it up. I'm slower this year than I was the year before - but if I keep getting out more often that'll change with each ride. So lemme know if you are available. I'll probably try and start around 5:30ish again.

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
MMcG said:
Got to meet Toddre tonight - by happenstance actually.

I apologize now for not asking you to join in tonight, but I was runnin late and felt that I needed to get my butt rollin since they'd been waiting for me at the trailhead.

Edit - I'm going to try and ride the Reservoir again tomorrow night. If you are free, let's rip it up. Well in my case it'll be trying to rip it up. I'm slower this year than I was the year before - but if I keep getting out more often that'll change with each ride. So lemme know if you are available. I'll probably try and start around 5:30ish again.

Cheers,

Mark
No big deal Mark... u seemed alittle rushed to me too.
I can't ride tuesday due to the fact I work tuesday nites (an the fact a storm is over my house as I type this). I hope to get out Thursday nite. Let me know if you want to meet. Toddre

·
Registered
85 Posts
Could have been me too Mark!

Where are you riding this week? I was considering heading out tonight to Middlesex (local for me)....but these storms are making me head to the gym to have some shelter.

I think you chat with my cousin from time to time....MdEvlEng or something like that. All the 29er guys ought to get together at some point this summer...even if it's to show our bikes and drink some beer!

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will - tonight is off due to the T-storms

Hoping to ride the WH Reservoir on Thursday night.

It is my local post-ride spot since I work down the road at the UConn Health Center.

Cheers,

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.