Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
rebmem rbtm
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i was posting about a week or so ago about getting a new crank, so i get it and all was well except for the chainrings (which i still have to replace). at least until i went out for the weekend with my friends, i ended up dropping a tall 7 stair and bent my cranks pretty badly. not sure if its my misuse, not landing right or what but all i know is theyre bent and now im out a crank and wondering if shimano will replace the arms under theyre warranty. what do u think? will they hold true on theyre warranty? :D

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
Instigator said:
ok i was posting about a week or so ago about getting a new crank, so i get it and all was well except for the chainrings (which i still have to replace). at least until i went out for the weekend with my friends, i ended up dropping a tall 7 stair and bent my cranks pretty badly. not sure if its my misuse, not landing right or what but all i know is theyre bent and now im out a crank and wondering if shimano will replace the arms under theyre warranty. what do u think? will they hold true on theyre warranty? :D
Picutres?? I have not heard of this happening, but that doesn't mean it can't:(

·
rebmem rbtm
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i cant really provide a picture that shows that it is bent, it appears to be perfectly fine until you attempt to ride it. the cranks are bent just enough where you can definitely feel something is wrong.

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Question:

~Are you sure it's the crank arm, and not just a bent pedal axle?? Try swapping pedals out and see if you still feel the wobble.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts