Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Don't worry, be happy!
Joined
·
8,141 Posts
you too! I was just thinking I needed to thank you for that great Kettle Crest ride this year. Maybe we can have some more east/west gatherings.

Penny

ps, maybe I'll have my ti single speed done by then...woooooo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,746 Posts
I'd also like to make a spring trip to the Blue Mountains. Any inside scoop from the Eastern front on spring riding there?

Merry Christmas as well to all my fellow children of the knob. May your 2006 be filled with countless days gliding upon that dirty brown ribbon of joy....

(No Skooks, I'm not talking about the tighty whities...)

Though, that is a great name for a trail. I think I'll do that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
605 Posts
Blue Mountains

Borneo said:
I'd also like to make a spring trip to the Blue Mountains. Any inside scoop from the Eastern front on spring riding there?
Pay attention to the snowpack in eastern WA, Borneo. I know from experience that it can be pretty durn muddy along the South Fork. Better to wait until things dry up a bit. The top of the North Fork trail can be snowed in until later in the season ... just like any other mountain ride. It'd be a true shame to drive all that way and not be able to do the North Fork trail down through Cub Saddle (wrecked body of a Piper Cub is probably still there).

South Fork Trail is tons of fun but the North Fork has a long screaming downhill. I've got a guidebook to the area if you're interested.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
Skookum said:
Hope you all have a great holiday weekend. :)
JRA said:
Pay attention to the snowpack in eastern WA, Borneo. I know from experience that it can be pretty durn muddy along the South Fork. Better to wait until things dry up a bit. The top of the North Fork trail can be snowed in until later in the season . . .
Ho, ho, ho! Happy Holy Days to all Hairy Leggers!

'Durn muddy' no problema. Santa brought some skinny Velociraptors for the 'rain bike' (always wanted to try a pair of these Smoke/Dart clones).

Funny story for retro types: I brought a pair of those venerable Panaracers -- finally available again and on sale -- to the counter at Performance a couple years ago, the kid behind the register examined them and said, 'Whoa! These are a lot like Velociraptors! Now there's a classic tire!'

:D :D :D

BTW, Donde estan las Montanas de Azul?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
605 Posts
SRR said:
Donde estan las Montanas de Azul?
Ellos están en Washington oriental. No apenas simplemente este de las Cascadas... la parte oriental VERDADERA del estado. La porción de Washington se localiza Walla Walla cercano y ellos extienden en Oregon.

No, I really can't speak Spanish. Blue Mountains are near Walla Walla and extend into Oregon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
JRA said:
Ellos están en Washington oriental. No apenas simplemente este de las Cascadas... la parte oriental VERDADERA del estado. La porción de Washington se localiza Walla Walla cercano y ellos extienden en Oregon.

No, I really can't speak Spanish. Blue Mountains are near Walla Walla and extend into Oregon.
I can't either really but I got that much, except that I didn't know Willy Wonka was chicano, or was that Walla Walla? ;-)

Hmmm, speaking of targets in that area, done any riding around La Grande or Baker City? That area's been on my radar scope for a while now. I have some leads for Wallowa-Whitman NF. 'Might be a good target for a couple nights in a cheap motel or some camping next summer.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top