Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Officially on "Christmas Vacation" as of this afternoon, so my CPU will be limited.

So I thought I'd take the opportunity to say Merry Christmas to you, and to all a New Ventana.... or something like that.

OLE!
Aaron G.

P.S. Yup, my house, 9,100 lights. 4 Days to put it up 3 to tear down, about an extra $50 tacked on the electricity bill. My 3 year old son's face when he first saw it made it worth it.

Attachments

·
Having a nice day!
1,422 Posts
Merry Christmas to all from Georgia as well! I'd post a picture of my house at night, except photos of complete darkness are kind of boring! I used to do the Christmas lighting, but as my kids got older, they didn't get much out of it and consequently I lost the desire to go through the routine of putting them up and tearing them down. Yours looks great though.

The goods news is I get to stay home this year with family visiting. The bad news is I get to stay home with family visiting! Actually it should be fun. I'm going to take my older brother out on a local trail hopefully. Love it if I could get him hooked as it would give us some excuse to get together more often.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Merry Christmas Aaron et al....

...How do the neighbours feel about your ...er...handywork?

Ciclistagonzo said:
Officially on "Christmas Vacation" as of this afternoon, so my CPU will be limited.

So I thought I'd take the opportunity to say Merry Christmas to you, and to all a New Ventana.... or something like that.

OLE!
Aaron G.

P.S. Yup, my house, 9,100 lights. 4 Days to put it up 3 to tear down, about an extra $50 tacked on the electricity bill. My 3 year old son's face when he first saw it made it worth it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Best wishes from France

to all of you for this Christmas time and new year poping up.
Enjoy your loved ones (I'm not talking about your bikes!) they are precious.

I'm off to the east of France (Mulhouse in Alsace) to see my sister and all her tribe.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Merry Christmas from NorCal.

LoneStar said:
Merry Christmas to all from Georgia as well! I'd post a picture of my house at night, except photos of complete darkness are kind of boring!
I know what you mean, I'm down to 1 porch light.

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Yo!

Ho ho ho and stff like that....

I'm looking foreward to having some down time and heading to the north cali coast, day of, to enjoy some sweet redwooded singletrack near the Fort Bragg area. No matter how much rain falls, here's enough redwood duff to soak it all up.

Singletrack in the redwoods, without mud....it's what I'm getting for christmas! and for two days after!!:D

Did I hear somehing about a New Years day mnt. bike ride featuring `Wood?? I may be around for that. :D

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,342 Posts
Wow , that took some work!

Ciclistagonzo said:

OLE!
Aaron G.

That's amazing, you don't live near the Griswold's do you ? :D I hope everyone has a nice Christmas and would like to thank everyone for the many helpful tips and component suggestions that help make mountain biking even "more fun" and I'll be asking for alot more advice in the future I'm sure ! It would be fun to meet and ride with some of you someday (even Foshizzle on his bling SS) ! :D TIG.

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Since the neighbours...

el Turtlehead said:
...How do the neighbours feel about your ...er...handywork?
Are all recently "grandma'd or grandpa'd" they are quite enthusiastic. Across the street has 4000 lights on his yard. Next door to the pictures left has 3000 (That I put up for her and we have plans for a major, major expansion next year!) and the neighbor to my right has over 3000 as well.

My kids are the "next generation" of babies on the block and we've brought some excitement to the neighbourhood!

Glad to hear from yea, I know the new career has kept you busy. I'll email soon.

-Feliz Navidad Fellow OLE! freak.

-Aaron

P.S. Me, Steve and Sherwood went out on a night ride two weeks ago, dead silence no one talking, and I blurt out... Turtlehead suspension! We didn't stop laughing for blocks!

·
83 feet less per minute
729 Posts
Feliz Navidad from old Alabam!
Wishing each of you a very merry Christmas! Here's hoping that we all not forget the reason for the season.
Didn't count the lights, but there are a few.

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
Lol!

....Ain't nuttin like a full squishy, is there....

BTW, the restaurant is going amazingly well and is quickly becoming a local hotspot. Just hope it stays that way.

Ciclistagonzo said:
Are all recently "grandma'd or grandpa'd" they are quite enthusiastic. Across the street has 4000 lights on his yard. Next door to the pictures left has 3000 (That I put up for her and we have plans for a major, major expansion next year!) and the neighbor to my right has over 3000 as well.

My kids are the "next generation" of babies on the block and we've brought some excitement to the neighbourhood!

Glad to hear from yea, I know the new career has kept you busy. I'll email soon.

-Feliz Navidad Fellow OLE! freak.

-Aaron

P.S. Me, Steve and Sherwood went out on a night ride two weeks ago, dead silence no one talking, and I blurt out... Turtlehead suspension! We didn't stop laughing for blocks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
el Turtlehead said:
....Ain't nuttin like a full squishy, is there....

BTW, the restaurant is going amazingly well and is quickly becoming a local hotspot. Just hope it stays that way.
Good to hear from you. Glad the restaraunt is doing well. How did the aluminum top work out on the bar, or did you go with something differant?
A toast to your success, Grand Mariner and coffee?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.