Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Thieves should be tarred and feathered and publicly beaten in town square...

So lame. Sorry Mike, at least they left the bike stuff alone. Who wants smelly gear anyway?

·
Master of '80s BMX tricks
1,075 Posts
tough break Mike. at least they didnt' take the improtant stuff.
Any hope of insurance, witnesses, likely suspects or an iPod (and window) as a stocking stuffer?

Takse it from an Oakland resident, never leave anything in your car at night!

·
Fireball in the Night
1,624 Posts
Prettym1k3 said:
Woke up this morning to this. They just took my MP3 player.
Effing thieves. I have an extra MP3 made by Creative : it's a Zen Nano. It's no iPod, but it's lightweight, easy to use, and has been dependable -- also receives FM radio - perfect for KFOG's Kaboom & for mtn biking.
Check your PM and I'll be online again on the 26th...It's yours. Merry Christmas.

·
Capricious youth...
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Luckily they were obviously idiots. They didn't take my bike gear, my CD's, my sunglasses, nor did they take the iPod shuffle or my bluetooth headset that was sitting in the cupholder RIGHT NEXT to the Microsoft Zune that they snatched.

Obviously, criminals in San Jose aren't the brightest.

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
This has been a less-than optimal Xmas season for the most part, it sounds like. (Though Rex_Skidmore has the effect of trying to compensate for the bad karma that is getting left around... Good job!). My dog and I had a close encounter with "Pepe Le Peueww" last night that pretty much ruined Xmas dinner (sort of funny, in a sick way - like a movie or something) and just thieves/derelicts in general. I live in a pretty safe neighborhood (except for skunks and raccoons!) and still don't like to leave anything in the front seat or visible in my car even in my driveway. If your insurance won't cover any of it, I hope you find out who did it so you get the satisfaction of nailing the a$$hole(s). It was likely local kids - throwing a rock through a window isn't really "professional" methodology. Anybody else ready for 2009 to get started?

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
Capricious youth...
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, just a shout out to:

#1: Rex_Skidmore... in an effort to make my day (which you did), you offered me your MP3 player. TOO cool, man! Thank you!

#2: To my brother... (Who doesn't even ride bikes)... him and his wife heard my story yesterday, and they bought me a newer, BETTER Zune and gave it to me for Christmas this morning! I had an old 30g white one that I bought off of www.woot.com a while ago. They bought me a brand new black 80g!

Long story short, good people and good family have restored my faith in the human race. :D

Merry Christmas, everyone!

·
EastBaySteez
4,726 Posts
Prettym1k3 said:
So, just a shout out to:

#1: Rex_Skidmore... in an effort to make my day (which you did), you offered me your MP3 player. TOO cool, man! Thank you!

#2: To my brother... (Who doesn't even ride bikes)... him and his wife heard my story yesterday, and they bought me a newer, BETTER Zune and gave it to me for Christmas this morning! I had an old 30g white one that I bought off of www.woot.com a while ago. They bought me a brand new black 80g!

Long story short, good people and good family have restored my faith in the human race. :D

Merry Christmas, everyone!
I offer to bring you apple pies and nothing? :cryin:

I <3 you Mike. Glad everything worked out.
When we both get our rides built (which could take months at this pace) we will ride till we cannot ride anymore.

Kinda like Broke Back Mountain but minus the gayness.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.