Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

i have a bit of a noob question to ask, I am looking for a chain tensioner for my merida big nine tfs 100 29er mountain bike and the chain tensioner is to bolt on to the chainstay

i was just wondering if having a chain tensioner there would work as I have both front and rear gears

thnaks in advance

JAYDEN1999. :)

·
Demon Cleaner
784 Posts
My Bionicon C-guide v2 died during a day of shuttle runs. Just tore off. It never liked being cross-chained (big front to big back) on my Shimano 2x10. Also note that they recommend you change to a longer chain when installing.

Happy 98% of the time with my clutch ShadowPlus without a guide.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
My Bionicon C-guide v2 died during a day of shuttle runs. Just tore off. It never liked being cross-chained (big front to big back) on my Shimano 2x10. Also note that they recommend you change to a longer chain when installing.

Happy 98% of the time with my clutch ShadowPlus without a guide.
Maybe you put it to far back or forward? I had mine on my TBc 3x10 for over a year without making the chain longer. Never had issues.

·
Demon Cleaner
784 Posts
Maybe. I know it has had many positive reviews, that's why I tried it. I did read the instructions (which suggest adding a couple links to the chain). Also watched the videos. Tried three different spots on the chainstay. Final one was far forward. Worked mostly ok there until breaking. I'm also honest that it broke during a day of shuttle runs...so dirty heavy use. Still, can't recommend it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.