Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
RHRF!
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steve (Silver_Slug), Mark, Greg, Scott, Jimbo, and me took a mental health day from work to ride up on the rim today. We shuttled from Christopher Creek to the Rim Trailhead just off of FR300 (Woods Canyon Road). It was a pleasant 37 degrees at 7000 ft. We headed down the road to the Military Sinkhole Trail and then on over to See Canyon on the Highline Trail.

The weather was brisk but everyone warmed up quickly and we were treated to the best trail conditions in years. The only semi-bummer was that all of the dead-fall from last year was still covering the trail... we need a Boy Scout Troop to get up there and earn some merit badges!

Attachments

·
It's a slugfest!
742 Posts
That ride yesterday was awesome!

My feet are still freezing, and my legs are definitely still tired. For a ride that starts that high on the Rim and ends up further down the Rim in Christopher Creek, there is still a lot of climbing on that descent. Jimbo said he'd give us the numbers from his GPS.

The trail was sweet and tacky because of the rain the night before, but it was cold enough that there was a thin layer of ice on the standing puddles. The pics just don't show how dang cold it was. It wasn't bad once we got on the singletrack though. Going down Military Sinkhole, there were so many babyheads that I just stopped trying to pick a line and started reacting to the line that I was bounced in to. Yeah, the downfall was a bummer, but a small price to pay to get to the sweet, tacky, 1-track, amazing views, and the opportunity to see the changing color of the leaves that some of us desert dwellers seldom get to experience.

Not sure what was better, the ride, or the awesome spread that Mckshred put together at the end. Ham or Turkey on Wheat or poppy seed buns, spicy Jack cheese, chipotle mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato, Poor Brothers Jalapeño or salt and vinegar chips, chocolate chip cookies..... Dang! Nice ride and nice post ride feast. I'll post up some of the pics from my camera tonight or tomorrow.

I feel mentally healthier today, but for some reason can't concentrate on work...

-ss

·
Registered
104 Posts
Damn! I love that last picture (in a purely hetero way)! Kind of sums up the great time out on the trails!

Thanks for the pics as always!

·
Registered
54 Posts
What kind of armor are you guys wearing? I'm going to be up on the rim this weekend. Looks like i'll have some cold weather to look forward to.

·
RHRF!
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Roach FR & Race Face

drittesauge said:
What kind of armor are you guys wearing? I'm going to be up on the rim this weekend. Looks like i'll have some cold weather to look forward to.
Nothing but the best! The Roach and RF armor is basically the same, sans logos. IMO, it has the best protection out there. FYI - when we started at the top of the rim, it was a 'brisk' 41 degrees... It's probably at least 10 degrees cooler by now.

G

·
bigdudecycling said:
note the "banned" under the screen name....
Yes, because I marked him as a spammer.:D

There has been a bunch of these weird XXXXX State Alcohol Addiction Treatment spammers on the boards the last couple days.

Anytime spammers post links in their signatures or messages I mark their post as "SPAM" so 1; people know not to click on the links and 2; The supermods can easily find the post and ban the user.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts