Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am coming in for a meeting in houston and I was thinking of ridding at Memorial.
Is anybody interested?

3/11 - Friday
9.30 am

PM me or email me at 'ericewe at gmail dot com'

·
Registered
393 Posts
My biggest recommendation would be don't miss the triangle, the trail you see on the maps seperated from the main park area up the the Northwest and under the street from the arboretum. To get there head west (towards 610) from the main trail heads, go under the two bridges (pedestrian and rail) cross the entrance to the arboretum and IMMEDIATELY bear left to go down into the storm sewer to cross under memorial drive and enter the triangle. Hang your first right, or your second right if you miss that and enjoy one of the more technical and least travelled trails in the park.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Map looks good, ride all the trails and ride them all directions :)

its hard to describe the ride I like to do there as that map doesnt have the trail colors on it but its easy enough to figure out. Make sure you catch "green" the trail that you see paralleling memorial drive out to the east and ride it back. Its one of the longer trails.

And make sure you call out on the big "downhill" youll know it when you see it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Also, start from where you see the ball fields kind of in the center of the map thats the main trails Yellow/Orange/Red/Blue/Purple. If you don't want the "triangle" the stuff up in the NW of the map is of no interest to you as its the triangle and bridle trails.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, I recently bought a Haro X6... I am new to the sport but I ride as aggressively as possible. I try to get a good workout in while riding. Anyway, if you're some elitist and must ride with uber-advanced riders with $2000 bikes then you may not want my company. ;) If not, then I'd love to ride with you!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.