Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
I was camped with some folks near Westwater Mesa Fri-Mon and the wind was wicked. It was so bad we bailed Sunday night for dinner at the Hot Tomato in Fruita. Made for eyes, ears and tents full of sand, but as always, canyon country is a spectacular p[lace to be.

·
old skool newbie
857 Posts
No deoubt about that flicking wind Friday and Saturday. It was the worst dust storm I had ever seen in Canyonlands. It looked like heavy rain coming our way but it was all sand and dust. At times I thought someone was following me around throwing shovels of dirt at me. It hurt. Makes for a good adventure story though.

nice pictures.

·
friend of Apex
4,007 Posts
Nice work, Steady
The blog has some great stuff, too.

Thanks for the stoak

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No deoubt about that flicking wind Friday and Saturday. It was the worst dust storm I had ever seen in Canyonlands. It looked like heavy rain coming our way but it was all sand and dust. At times I thought someone was following me around throwing shovels of dirt at me. It hurt. Makes for a good adventure story though.

nice pictures.
Yes it was crazy....we spend a lot of time there and have never been through a wind event like that one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts