Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Melting at Lackawanna State Park

964 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Reggie Hammond 
#1 ·
NEPMTBA and myself hit up Lackawanna State Park on Monday, the temps hit 99 degrees
Very cool flowing trails, with the longest Roman Roads I ever seen.

At the Dam

NEPMTBA's Redline

First real test for my new Gary Fisher HiFi Deluxe.

See less See more
3 4
#8 ·
Yeah. Just north of Clarks Summit off of the Scott exit of 81. It's fairly smooth with some decent climbs and fun descents. If it's wet, forget it! The rocks are flagstone and turn into summer ice. The roots get slick too. If it's dry though, it becomes super fast and flowy. The trails are broken up into about 6 sections. The maps at the park are kinda useless. There's one on the Hubbard website in my signature, but there's no trail names. Find me or someone else to take you on a ride if you want to see the whole park. Ttyl, Fahn

#9 ·
LF, thank you for the 411 and the invitation. Much appreciated. My extended family lives in the area and I'm planning a weekend trip in the next 4+ weeks or so. I'll reach out if it materializes.

If you're ever in NW Jersey and want to hit up some of the local trails (Allamuchy, Stephens State Park, or Deer Park), please do not hesitate to reach out. All three are minutes off of Rt 80 and about 25 min from the Del Water Gap. IMHO, Allamuchy is in the top 3 parks in the state...just saying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.