Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happened to pass through Melrose (South Australia) the other day, as suggested by Hud. Didn't get a ride in but saw some of the trails and spoke to Richard at the shop.

Terrain looks good, trails look great. See http://otesports.com.au/events.htm.

I'm thinking of heading out for the Fat Tyre Festival (no affilliation with the Fat Tyre Flyers) over the Queen's Birthday Weekend. Drive up Friday from Victoria (10 hours?), ride Sat/Sun/Mon, drive back Tuesday, something like that. No real plans myself yet but might prebook non-camping accomodation wherever that may happen to be.

Anyone else interested?

·
Registered
419 Posts
UpFront bikes said:
I will be catching up to have a few rides at tracks around Adelaide before the Fat Tyre fest, so if you want to catch some trails around Adelaide I will be doing Fox, Prospect Hill, Eagle, and the ever so charming Linton Dump.

Then I will be hitting Melrose for sure :)
Oh I may have to figure out how to come out a bit early an leave Troy behind. An see a bit more county than just Melrose & Fat tyre fest.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A minor thing that's come up is that Val and I will have a 5 month old puppy with us (Border Terrier), but that shouldn't stop us getting to Melrose for the Festival. Probably won't be able to stop on the way up to check out any other places though - next time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.