Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Girt by sea.
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm driving over to Melbourne just after Christmas and bringing the bike. I'll be staying in Chelsea.

Any suggestions for XC rides within about 20km? I'm happy to drive up to the Dandenongs, but I would not know where to start looking for trails up there. I'm a relative newbie on a HT - don't send me off a cliff please .....

Melways references would be appreciated.

If there are any locals on the forum who would like a riding partner for a half- or full-day trip, please chime in.

Cheers,
Graeme

·
Girt by sea.
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks slaw. I can't get on that farkin forum while I'm at work, but I'll look later (bloody internet nazis ....)

Cheers,
Graeme

·
Registered
856 Posts
If you want to head out Geelong way, I'd be happy to meet you out at the You Yangs- which is in between Geelong and Melbroune, about 20 to 30min out of the CBD, down the M1. The YouYangs plays host to some great trails, both XC and DH oriented- there is 3 XC courses in the park and Downhill course also awesome stuff.

Worth a visit atleast once.

·
Girt by sea.
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The You Yangs hold promise. My father lives in Altona North, so we'll be over that side of town a few times. I reckon I could con the family into taking a picnic in the You Yangs while I pump some pedal. Thanks for the suggestion Cul. I'll give you a date or two on which we could meet up, if it suits.

The wife is now talking about heading to Tassie for about a week, so I could be dropping in on Dave! Don't know how much time I'll get for riding there though - it'll be a photographic trip.

Cheers,
Graeme

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.