Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

This is an invitation to all of you to come here to Peru and race the Megavalanche race at the Sacred Valley in the city of Cusco. You can see more information of the race at www.megavalancheperu.com

And if you have more days to have fun, I'm preparing a tour to acclimatize to the altitude, ride similar trails at same altitudes and train the Megavalanche trail before the race.

If someone is interested, please write me at [email protected]

I will post photos of the rides and the Megavalanche course.

Eduardo Stein.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just have ended a trip with 4 friends from Canada, one of them is Matt Hunter, and we have made more than 30,000 meters of pure and sweet downhills. And we almost didn´t repeat a trail.
If you have the possibility, come to Peru, you will then know the magnitude of what's real MTB.

·
Registered
198 Posts
wayodh said:
No liscense on this race. Almost everyone can race this, from amaterurs, XC riders, FR riders or DH riders.
No city bikers!
"
4. REGISTERING AND FEES

4.1 The MEGAVALANCHE is opened to male or female competitors having a UCI-affiliated federation license.
"
then saw this:
"
For all other non-registered or licensed riders, the participation fee costs 54 dollars (or 45 euros). A recent medical certificate (dated within 3 months) and showing qualification to withstand this cycling competition is also required.
"

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, those are the rules, but last year I raced the highest category without a liscense.
Don't worry about the liscense or the medical certificate, almost everybody can race this competition.
We are planning to ride thousands of vertical meters of DH before the race and also in similar altitudes to get used to the Megavalanche Race in Cusco.
I hpe to have some good riders in my crew.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.