Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SUFD
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here ever attended the Megavalanche in France? I'm looking for either a group to tag along with, or someone to speak with who can offer some advice for booking lodging, travel tips, etc.

I'm sure there's some companies offering packages for the event, but I haven't found one. There's a whole week of events scheduled, and it would be nice to have lodging close to everything.

I've never been to Europe either... so this will be quite the trip!

Thanks for any help or advice!!!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
look up 'bikenweed' over at ridemonkey DH board (just search for posts he started..you will find some info). He is a college student that lived in spain for the year and did some traveling to gravity bike events while over there. He posted some info about a mega that they all road tripped to and it sounded like a blast. Not sure he would know about all the info you need, but could give his perspective on the whole event.

·
Registered
282 Posts
This race is a blast ! I did it twice ! You can get your startpermission and a special "Megaweek" package at www.avalanchecup.com, the HP of the organizers. For lodging I would try to get some infos about the www.alpedhuez.com (or.fr - I'm not shure for the moment) Since this page is nearly complete on french get somebody who knows the language. there is a certain menue where you'll find the lodgings available in Huez Station (and make shure you'll fing a lodging there and not in Huez Village, which is situated further down the mountain). but keep in mind France is not cheap !!! The Package for the permission to start and the lift pass are o.k. moneywise but lodging is not ! and you'll have a medical report from your doctor that you are found fit enough to do the race. this report should not older than 6 month from the race date ! as a bike I'd recommend a light DH or Freerider. take some parts with you because the shops there are good equipped but not cheap !!! don't hesitate and contact me for further infos if you like !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.