77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Larimer County News Release​

CONTACT: K-Lynn Cameron, Open Lands Manager, Parks and Open Lands
(970) 679-4555
DATE: January 18, 2007
SUBJECT: County Open Lands Advisory Board Meeting for January, 2007

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:​

The Larimer County Open Lands Advisory Board will meet at 5:00 p.m., on Thursday, January 25, at the Loveland Library Multipurpose Room, located at 300 North Adams in Loveland. All meetings are open to the public.

The Open Lands Board will hear a presentation from the Rural Land Use Program, and then discuss how these unique County programs with similar yet different goals can interface to benefit Larimer County landowners and citizens. The Board will also discuss the opening of the east and west sides of the Laughing Horse Loop at the Devil's Backbone to all trail users including mountain bikes beginning February 1, 2007, and recent events impacting the Colorado Conservation Easement Tax Credit Program.

·
trail waggler
1,425 Posts
Buuuurrrrp!...

Uhh, I mean, bump! I might try to make it up for the meeting, that would be cool if they open the loops up again!

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
daveM said:
Uhh, I mean, bump! I might try to make it up for the meeting, that would be cool if they open the loops up again!
Tonight is the night, we need all the support we can get. Please attend if you can.

·
climb
2,293 Posts
Jdub said:
Tonight is the night, we need all the support we can get. Please attend if you can.
For those that can make it. I wouldn't focus to much on the DBB issue. It sounds like they are going to open it up regardless of the number of MTBers that show up. It would be good for everyone to give the staff a warm thank you and perhaps a kiss :)...

I would hope that everyone would focus on this issue:
Update on Red Mountain Open Space management planning process.

This is where input is needed on creating NEW mountain bike trails!

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
jl said:
I wouldn't focus to much on the DBB issue. It sounds like they are going to open it up regardless of the number of MTBers that show up. It would be good for everyone to give the staff a warm thank you and perhaps a kiss :)...
You must have more information than I do, as I got the impression the decision had yet to be made. Care to elaborate? Great news regardless!

·
trail waggler
1,425 Posts
I went, I spoke...

Put in my 2 cents. I was one of three that spoke, all were mountainbikers. The advisory board voted unanimously to recommend the re-opening of the west half of the 'Laughing Horse' (back)loop to bikes!

Good stuff! I also recommended that the west half of 'Hunter Loop' be re-opened:thumbsup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kudos to the members of Mountain High Trail Association (Larry, Sean and others), Barb Allen from Diamond Peaks, and Greg Mazu, and others who established a relationship with the County and helped make this happen. PLEASE take the time to write your appreciation to Gary Buffington, the Department Director of Larimer County Parks and Open Lands. You can write him at [email protected] . Let the boards know when you've written - it will motivate others to do the same.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Can I get a Hell YA !!

Even though I knew it was a done deal with regard to opening up the West side of the third loop LH (Laughing Horse), I did attend due to the issues we had with HTMP.

The main reasons Travis from Larimer County decided to suggest reopening the West side of LH.

1)With the addition to the Blue Sky trail system; there isn't a moderate trail system to get to the new Blue Sky trail. The West side of LH is a bit easier than the East side.

2)There has been considerable damage done to the East side of LH. There are a few reason this is happening
a.Difficult trail with all levels of riders on it. A lot of riders are riding around difficult drops, corners etc. The trail is as wide as six feet in some areas.
b.Travis mentioned that some people are modifying the trail without consent from the county.

A few individuals spoke at the meeting, and the comments were received positively from the board GOOD JOB !!!

A lot of mountain bikers from the area stated that once the West side was closed to mnt bikers, it would never be reopened to mnt bikers… This is rare, but the West side was reopened!! Pretty amazing in my opinion.. Big shout out to Larry @ Mountain High, Barb from Diamond peaks and everyone that volunteered, educated riders about trail etiquette, and policed the trail… :thumbsup:

With Regards too modifying the trail… (IMO)

Many of us from Mountain High Trail association and Diamond Peaks have volunteered numerous days to trail maintenance. It has come to our attention that a few individuals are modifying the trail for less than admirable reasons. You know who you are, and we know who you are. This is not your personal trail! There are a lot of riders of varying levels that ride DBB. If you think a certain section is too easy, then TOUGH! You will cause more harm than good! Your ego needs to be checked!! :nono:

PEACE

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.