Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let anyone looking at getting a Covert soon that mediums will be out of stock for quite a while now over at Transition. We do have a good supply of Mediums though so if your in need give us a call. We hook up MTBR members so dont forget to tell us :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
Chad_Money said:
Just wanted to let anyone looking at getting a Covert soon that mediums will be out of stock for quite a while now over at Transition. We do have a good supply of Mediums though so if your in need give us a call. We hook up MTBR members so dont forget to tell us :thumbsup:
hi,

im 5.9 and was going to buy a small covert...i generally dont like big bikes as i have short legs, do you reckon small will be alright?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
I just bought a medium Covert, and I am 5' 9". I am very pleased with it as a trail bike. I think that if I was going to use it more in a freeride application, then I would get a small.......but with that said, if I were to use it in a freeride application, I'd probably get a Bottlerocket. It's a great bike, and I'm sure whatever you decide, you'll be happy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tbras is pretty right, ride it like you own it, get the smaller size, more all day AM/XC goet the bigger since your in between or very close. Since you dont like bigger bikes get the small, it is pretty long still and depending on how you set it up will be a ton of fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
Chad_Money said:
Tbras is pretty right, ride it like you own it, get the smaller size, more all day AM/XC goet the bigger since your in between or very close. Since you dont like bigger bikes get the small, it is pretty long still and depending on how you set it up will be a ton of fun.
Small it is then...i like my bikes chuckable.

Just got some word from transition about the headtube....they said...

The headset is a 1.5 external bottom (with either 1.5 or 1.125 reducer crown race) and a Cane Creek IS style integrated top bearing (36/45 degree drop in bearing).

A few questions...
1) Can someone explain this as im about to go out and buy the forks before the frame comes and i want to make sure i buy the right thing.
2) What are the best 160mm forks that fit this bill?
3) Whats the deal with the headset, ive always had 1/1/8th and hope, so these new sizes are confusing.

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
any fork EXCEPT a 1.5 steer tube will work. You can use a tapered or standard 1 1/8 steer tube. Upper headset is a bearing and topcap ONLY , the headtube acts as the cup. The Lower headset you can use a reducer 1.5 for an 1 1/8 fork, or a 1.5 lower cup if you choose to run a tapered fork...hope this helps! The dealer you purchased your frame from should have the headset in question. good luck!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
Chad_Money said:
any fork EXCEPT a 1.5 steer tube will work. You can use a tapered or standard 1 1/8 steer tube. Upper headset is a bearing and topcap ONLY , the headtube acts as the cup. The Lower headset you can use a reducer 1.5 for an 1 1/8 fork, or a 1.5 lower cup if you choose to run a tapered fork...hope this helps! The dealer you purchased your frame from should have the headset in question. good luck!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

.
Thats just what i needed to hear Chad, thanks for your help. Shame were such a distance apart or id bought one off you. There asking £1300 here in UK...pretty steep compared to US prices.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No worries! we try and help ;) If you cant obtain one in the UK we can help, just let [email protected] know whats going on if you cant find one. Good luck! Throw us some pictures when you get er built!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top