Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Unicycles are for clowns
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there running a SRAM X.O medium cage rear derailleur on their Rush? I was thinking about doing this but wondered if the rear suspension prohibited using this setup? By the way I am running a 22-32-44 and an 11-32 cassette.

·
mnt bike laws of physics
2,762 Posts
kuna said:
Anyone out there running a SRAM X.O medium cage rear derailleur on their Rush? I was thinking about doing this but wondered if the rear suspension prohibited using this setup? By the way I am running a 22-32-44 and an 11-32 cassette.
I am using one, but with a 12-32 cassette. You should have no problem at all as 1 less tooth would not make a problem for my setup- plenty of cage for the job.
When in the small ring up front, I do not go beyond the 5th gear(18 tooth cog) in the rear, but it can still cross over to the 2 big rings with no problem.
If you cross chain at both ends, you will not have enough cage though.
Mine shifted flawlessly until I got a stick caught in the derailleur 2 weeks ago. Even with a new hanger, it is still not as crisp as it was. I think it tweeked the derailleur a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.