Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Blur riders out there riding a Medium and a tweener between the Medium and Large and about 5'10" to 5'11", was wondering what the setup on your bike was.

Stem length? seatpost layback or straight?

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm 5"10 and I ride a medium blur with 100 mm Thomson stem and a straight seat post, raiser bars and just one spacer between the head set and the stem, I like the setup is tight and makes the bike real nimble on evrything but steep down hills here it is a little too nervous. A larger frame will give you a more secure feel going down and the front tire will jump less when you are going up a steep hill.

So go Large!

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
zapo thanks for the info.

I usually ride a Large in all my other bikes, but been wanting to try out a M Blur so I can throw it around a little more, not really worried about screaming downhill descents.

How do you like your setup for switchbacks and singletrack?

·
Kiwi
28 Posts
I'm 5'9" with long arms and legs. I started with a medium Blur, 120mm 6deg stem and layback post. It was too small.

I now have a large, 110mm 5deg stem, layback post. Maxim 2" riser bar and no spacers under the stem. It's perfect. Switchbacks, singletrack, all good.

Be careful about choosing a medium.

·
Registered
44 Posts
baycat said:
zapo thanks for the info.

I usually ride a Large in all my other bikes, but been wanting to try out a M Blur so I can throw it around a little more, not really worried about screaming downhill descents.

How do you like your setup for switchbacks and singletrack?
Well my blur is great on switchbacks and technical single track but then again I never ridden a large blur so I can´t tell you if its the frame size or the frame geometry that makes it such a great bike ( I would think is the later ).

Get the large frame and then adjust you stem size If you feel the frame is to long, I think you will be more comfortable with this setup in the long haul.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.