Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How difficult is it to instal just a front mechanical disc brake (deore), what are the items I will need to order and what tools will I need? Thanks.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Not hard at all

Markleo said:
How difficult is it to instal just a front mechanical disc brake (deore), what are the items I will need to order and what tools will I need? Thanks.
You will need to order the complete brake set (caliper, rotor and torx screws). You will need a torx wrench for installing the rotors to the hub, as well as the right size allen wrenches for installing the caliper itself, as well as adjusting the pads.

Bob

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
Don't forget something to cut the cable and housing. Posibly zipties to secure the housing to the fork. Ferells for the ends of the housing and a crimp for the cut end of the cable. But all in all it's not a hard install. Hardest part will be getting the caliper centered on the rotor depending on what style mount you have there are tiny shims for this. The shim take some trial and error but once done the adjustment should be good for a long time.

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
1st check your front hub

if it's not disc ready, then it may be less costly to replace the bike. No I'm not kidding.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts