Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just mounted 2.6 WTB Vigilante Tires on my bike, and am looking at even bigger 2.8 options, as I think my bike would fit them. I want a big heavy meaty tire, think the tread of the Vigilante / Magic Mary / Assegai, with a heavy grippy casing.

I see of course that there is the 2.8 WTB Vigilante, in the high grip heavy casing that comes to 1417g, and that seems like the only option I have found so far. To be honest I would like even bigger tread (the blocks on my Magic Mary are bigger than those on the 2.6 Vigilante).

Does anybody have any similar tires to recommend? I saw that the nsmb review two years ago said that "This is a heavy tire. There isn't a similarly aggressive dual-ply 2.8" tire on the market, but plenty of riders find that 1354g number a bit shocking.", which seems to indicate that there are no competitors, but perhaps things have changed in the last two years?

And sadly my bike doesn't have clearance for 3.0 tires, so it does have to be 2.8 I think.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have DHR 2 and DHF...they are pretty beefy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes if I had clearance for 3.0 those would definitely be a good option I think, although I am a bit concerned that they are lighter than the Vigilante, and are only MaxxTerra compound and EXO casing. I would ideally want at minimum EXO+ and MaxxGrip, if not DD / DH.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.