Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you measure the pressure in your tires? My floor pump dial doesn't move until 10 psi and all the car tire gauges go to 80 or 100 pounds making them pretty inaccurate at low pressures. I use presta tubes.

I'm thinking that just getting a feel for pressing on the tire may be the way to go but I'm a science type and want to measure the pressure accurately.

The fat boy is great to pedal. I rode it a little today after picking up the bike at Ken's. It goes over everything including lumpy hard freshly disked dirt and even my wife's compost heap! I'm looking forward to getting to know this bike.

·
1,711 Posts
This question gets asked 20 or so times a year ;) do a Google search and add "mtbr". Lots of low pressure guages all over online and in stores.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,377 Posts
I see how much they compress with body weight, that way I can dial it in regardless of if I'm hauling 40lbs of gear or no pack.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
If they ride bouncy, too high pressure. If you hit the rim, too low.

Feel it with your fingers :) You'll get the hang of it after a short while.
With or without...you end up adding or subtracting air. A gauge can only tell you where you are at, YOU must know WHAT to do...so why bother with the hunt for one, or the packing of something not needed?

·
Registered
451 Posts
There is also the Lezyne floor pumps with digital gauges that read reliably down to single digit psi. A very nice piece if kit to have for a fat biker

1 - 9 of 9 Posts