Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at an MCR but can't decide on the size. I am 5'10"+ with a 33" inseam but can't decide which way to go. I think the medium would fit with a lot of seat post sticking out. I currently ride an 18" On-One if that helps.

Matt

Please help I can't figure this out.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Check Niner's web site, but also, just call or email them and discuss. That's what I did and it worked out well. I'm riding a size Large MCR, and I'm just over 6'1", but with 36.5" inseam (measured the cycling fit way). I wound up going with a custom 420mm seat post, but am glad I went with the Large instead of XL, as I didn't want any longer of a top tube. To me top tube length was the more key measurement/fit.

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
M for sure.
No way I could see you on a L.
I am 6'3" tall with a 35" cycling inseam and Niner told me that L was the way to go.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I also say Medium.

I am 5'8" with 30 inch inseam and ride a small MCR. If I were any taller, I would be cramped on the small. Your only a little taller than I am. The large would be too big in my opinion. Plus, look at Niners web site. They have posted height recommendation there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am 5'11" with a 33 inseem and ride a large. A medium would be too small for me. The large took a bit to get comfortable with. I was riding a Med 18 Salsa Ala Carte and it felt way too small so I opted for the large.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts