Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike T,

Man, I've fell in love with my cheap arse, '02 old Julies. Some moron sold the bike with them on thinking they got nothing to offer and I was lucky to get it.

After some love/hate/tragedy affair with a sticky and popped out piston, I was iniciated thru the "bleed ritual".

I felt like picking up a homeless-filthy puppy. The poor ones had (still have) the paint scaled, sticky piston, a incredibly stupid misinstalled pad (backwards), long lever throw, misaligned calipers, warped rotors... you freaking name it.

I fed them with luv'n'care... fix all those little qwirks and they rewarded me last weekend with a solid lever feel, great modulation over leaves and mud and nice power. So far, an incredible brake at an great price.

I thought they had cured me of upgradeitis... but I was wrong. Now I'm lusting after wavy rotors and worst yet... a set of Louise... that should be sweet.

By now I'll be just fine adding my MCM # to my signature on the MTBR and any other forum I would post on.

Thanks to you Mike and especially to Jimy and Squeaky who showed me the ligth when I was in complete darkness.

Warp
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went to the MC page and found that I was missing some info....

em addy - rpalacios at techint dot com dot mx

Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Desired # (May Mike T. allow): 750131

-------------
At Aztecs lands I ride
from olmec country I'm from
but in veins within I have
Magura boiling blood

Come what may
rain or shine
mud or gravel
leaves or dust
Julies keep me safer
wherever I may roam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,984 Posts
Warp2003 said:
I went to the MC page and found that I was missing some info....

em addy - rpalacios at techint dot com dot mx

Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Desired # (May Mike T. allow): 750131

-------------
At Aztecs lands I ride
from olmec country I'm from
but in veins within I have
Magura boiling blood

Come what may
rain or shine
mud or gravel
leaves or dust
Julies keep me safer
wherever I may roam
how the #@$$#@ do you guys come up with this stuff? I have been longing to become a MCM for months now ever since I got my Gustavs, and can not come up with ANYTHING poetic that will get me cult status. I will be aquiring a set of marta SL shortly, maybe that will give me some inspiration.

MikeT, I think this guy deserves a membership!
 

·
A wheelist
Joined
·
5,991 Posts
Warp2003 said:
I went to the MC page and found that I was missing some info....
em addy - rpalacios at techint dot com dot mx
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Desired # (May Mike T. allow): 750131
-------------
At Aztecs lands I ride
from olmec country I'm from
but in veins within I have
Magura boiling blood
Come what may
rain or shine
mud or gravel
leaves or dust
Julies keep me safer
wherever I may roam
Warp that was awesome. You're a fine candidate for a newby MCM and the board of directors ALL gave you a thumbs up at this morning's board meeting.

They also adopted the policy that 006-007 is a true saddo if he can't come up with SOMETHING to gain admission to the world famous Magura Cult. :rolleyes: We don't have a Wannabee status so he's S-O-L until he gets creative! :D

Anyway back to you Warp. I'll allow the MCM#750131 no problemo. I'll include you on the Cult Members' Page as soon as I fire up the web-page maker.

Welcome Newby MCM Warp2003 #750131 !!

Mike T. (mcm # 717 & ONGO)
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike T. said:
Warp that was awesome. You're a fine candidate for a newby MCM and the board of directors ALL gave you a thumbs up at this morning's board meeting.

They also adopted the policy that 006-007 is a true saddo if he can't come up with SOMETHING to gain admission to the world famous Magura Cult. :rolleyes: We don't have a Wannabee status so he's S-O-L until he gets creative! :D

Anyway back to you Warp. I'll allow the MCM#750131 no problemo. I'll include you on the Cult Members' Page as soon as I fire up the web-page maker.

Welcome Newby MCM Warp2003 #750131 !!

Mike T. (mcm # 717 & ONGO)
Thanks Mike!! I've no words to thank!

Warp
MCM # 750131
 

·
A wheelist
Joined
·
5,991 Posts
Warp2003 said:
Thanks Mike!! I've no words to thank!
Warp
MCM # 750131
It's ok about the lack of words, just send beer! Come to think of it, saddo 006-007 could get the literate part of the membership waived if HE sent beer. The board of directors can be bribed.

Mike T. (mcm # 717 & ONGO)
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
006_007 said:
how the #@$$#@ do you guys come up with this stuff? I have been longing to become a MCM for months now ever since I got my Gustavs, and can not come up with ANYTHING poetic that will get me cult status. I will be aquiring a set of marta SL shortly, maybe that will give me some inspiration.

MikeT, I think this guy deserves a membership!
Thanks for your support too 006_007.... but you'd rather get creative otherwise a box of beer is like enough brake pads for a whole season.

I know is kind of difficult for a guy to show his love for "Gustav" on a public board, but, hey! That would give you extra points with the board... maybe if you gift them with a Magura mug or something if you can't come up with something.

Besides... it's got not to be poetic. You can come up with some cool writing about ride experiences (which involves Maguras).... uh, you'd rather send a magura mug to Mike :D

Mike... Thanks again.
 

·
A wheelist
Joined
·
5,991 Posts
The Squeaky Wheel said:
Now face east, put your hand on your caliper and scream...
Maaahhhhhgooooooorrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Ahhh this has the makings of a good Cult induction! Could I modify that with the inclusion of "Now face east, put your hand on your caliper after a 5-mile downhill and scream.....Maaahhhhhgooooooorrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

That could be the Cult tribal branding too eh? You could prescribe the ointment Doc.

Mike T. (mcm # 717 & ONGO)
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mike T. said:
Ahhh this has the makings of a good Cult induction! Could I modify that with the inclusion of "Now face east, put your hand on your caliper after a 5-mile downhill and scream.....Maaahhhhhgooooooorrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

That could be the Cult tribal branding too eh? You could prescribe the ointment Doc.

Mike T. (mcm # 717 & ONGO)
And I thought going thru the bleeding stuff was a good initiation :eek:

BTW... where can I get Stickers??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,984 Posts
Mike T. said:
Ahhh this has the makings of a good Cult induction! Could I modify that with the inclusion of "Now face east, put your hand on your caliper after a 5-mile downhill and scream.....Maaahhhhhgooooooorrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

That could be the Cult tribal branding too eh? You could prescribe the ointment Doc.

Mike T. (mcm # 717 & ONGO)
Jeez, I go into a few meetings, find my name has been dragged through the mud (again), am supposed to do certain acts with Gustav on a public board, get branded, feed MikeT beer and then let him apply ointment on me? Sickos. All of you are a bunch of Sickos.

I will wait for my membership once I get the marta's. I would be much more comfortable doing something with Marta and Gustav in public rather then just Gustav. Swinger baby, grrrrrrr.

:cool:
 

·
A wheelist
Joined
·
5,991 Posts
006_007 said:
.............am supposed to do certain acts with Gustav on a public board...................I would be much more comfortable doing something with Marta and Gustav in public rather then just Gustav. Swinger baby
Not that there's anything wrong with that 007! Nossirr. After all, what else can we expect from a fella that has a lady sniffing a condom for an avatar!

Mike T. (mcm # 717 & ONGO)
 

·
A wheelist
Joined
·
5,991 Posts
JTHMCFM#50 said:
Welcome Newby MCM Warp2003 #750131 !!
Heyy ya'all!
I'm back!
JTH MCFM#50
ps. ONGO seriously needs a medication check... :D
Hey how's it going Janne? For those who don't know (that's everyone except Janne and I), JTH is from Finland and he's in charge of the Finn chapter of the Magura Cult.

Mike T. (mcm # 717)
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top