Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever taken the forest road between Oakridge and McKenzie River? I was wondering if it would be worth a try or is it just easier to drive through Eugene.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
stinkyboy said:
has anyone ever taken the forest road between Oakridge and McKenzie River? I was wondering if it would be worth a try or is it just easier to drive through Eugene.

Thanks
I was on that road 2 weekends ago and the snow was so deep at the top (Box Canyon) that my differentials left scrape marks in the snow and my tires didn't hit the pavement.
Also, as we started going down the other side, there was this big ass Doug Fir blocking
the road, which meant all the way back via Westfir. I'd bet money that there's a lot more snow now. So,
1. Deep snow
2. Blocked road.
Go through Eugene. Or bring a chainsaw and some tire chains and make a day out of it.

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
stinkyboy said:
eugene it is!
If you're talking about the next few weeks, going around is best, but come summer time, Rd 19 (The Auferheide Scenic Hwy) is an excellent drive. It cuts thru the heart of the cascades, along the border of the 3 Sisters wilderness. One of the best road rides in Oregon for cyclists.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool

we are looking at riding the McKenzie one day and Waldo the next, figured if we stayed in eugene it would be easy to hit both. The other option would be to stay in Oakridge and take Rd 19 over to McKenzie and have Oakridge in the backyard for any quick rides we want to hit.

Can't really lose either way.

·
Toby Wong?
1,307 Posts
shiggy said:
:confused:
Please explain. No idea what you are looking for.
i'm guessing it's a Star Trek quote.....Scotty to Kirk re: Enterprise @ warp speed "Captain, she can't hold on much longer!"

uh, i think.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
jim-nc said:
It's a book that lists all or some of the trails in oregon. I saw it in a bike shop about 1999 when I was in oregon riding.
Never heard of it.

It could not have had more than a small number of the total trails in the state. There are more than 600 miles of trails within a 30 mile radius of my front door.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.