Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help a brother out......

The search for the family vacation destination continues and I was wondering if the MRT would be a suitable trail for a 9 yr old girl?

based on the pictures I have found it seems that parts of the trail are gnarly, while other parts are buff.

she could likely do 15 miles, if the trail was somewhat flat, and there was interesting stuff to see.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You could start at the ranger station and climb then return back. Pretty mellow and you can always turn around when it starts getting rough. The upper section on down past blue pool is techy with sharp lava hazards.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will search mtbr/google, but in the meantime any suggestions on family friendly trails around bend?

·
Registered
16,017 Posts
Out-and-back from the far downstream (south) end of the MRT might be fun if her bike skills are decent. My 9 year-old daughter has fun on it (but she first rode it when she was 4 so her bike handling is pretty decent).

Close to the MRT is Peterson Ridge trail network in Sisters. I'd go there. That place is really fun.

There is also a loop around Suttle Lake that begins and ends near ice cream. I think it's around 4 miles IIRC.

Edit: I just learned that there's a new bike trail going from Camp Sherman to Suttle Lake, with side loops into the Metolius Preserve.

·
Registered
7,472 Posts
^^^ Well, I would say from a mile or two downstream of the reservoir. The first mile or so has a bit of chunk and exposed side hill.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like we are going to Bend for our vacation.

Thanks all......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts