Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and two dozen clueless MTBRidiots. What the **** is up with all the armored out big hit riders shuttling McGill? It's a ****ing beginner bike path for Christ's Sake! It's suited to beginners and folks riding rigid single speeds, or in my case a ****ing 'cross bike! You dweebs don't have enough creativity to find another trail that has bumps and rocks bigger than 4", and that you can shuttle? LEARN TO READ A MAP!!! I can give you tips on a dozen places within an hour of Frazier Park that you can shuttle and they have a helluva a lot more bang for the buck than ****ing McGill!!! But then I'd have to deal with more ****ing MTBRIdiots cutting trail like at the bottom of the middle section of McGill.

And more importantly, why are you wearing all the armor on McGill? I kept up with you pussies on my 'cross bike and I was just wearing shorts and t-shirt. Try as I might to crash I just couldn't, and you have 6" or more of travel, and nice fatty tires. The trail has about 3 rocks, 2 ruts, and some stutter bumps, if I can ride it on a rigid 'cross bike as fast as you how the **** could you ever end up using all that body armor?

The freeride marketeers have ****ing ruined it for everyone. Everyone that sees these morons riding McGill, the equivalent of a forest service bike path, with their full body armor and freeride bikes are going to think that that's what it takes to get into mountain bike riding. Mommy and Daddy will research what it costs to buy a freeride bike and all the gear and they'll tell poor little Johnny that it's too expensive to start mountain biking. Lame.

·
Shop *****
943 Posts
Too bad it's MTB idiots, not MTBR idiots. None of us have any scheduled ride there, and none of us ride on a short, noobie trail. Don't come in here flaming everyone about something they didn't do, because I can tell you that 5/8ths of the people here don't even live in California.

·
Trying a little
1,781 Posts
do what I do: I stand halfway down mcGill and hand out donuts to people to give up their armor and throw it down the cliff.

·
Old No. 7
1,453 Posts
Put your rant in the regional forums. No one who this doesn't apply to wants to read about your area's problems.

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
Most importantly - why do you give a damn what kind of bike they're riding and what kind of protection they are using? They aren't riding an illegal trail and they aren't destroying it.

They probably think you are dumb in the head for riding it on what you do with as little protection as you do. I think you are dumb in the head for starting an account on this website just to post that. There are plenty more things you could have a valid rant about besides slow downhillers. If they simply have one bike and still want to ride the trail, should they not simply because they don't have a 5" bike for that specific trail? Hell I'd ride it on my 10" bike if that's all I had at the time. I'm curious where "everyone" will be seeing that it takes a big bike and body armor to get down McGill - there aren't many people out there at all.

It doesn't really sound like you are having to "deal" with anything, so just for our sake stay out in the woods...

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
ricebowls said:
Wow, this thread was a waste of time.
Exactly, dudes, dont reply and feed this person............:thumbsup:

·
the goose is loose!
1,276 Posts
i'll get a pressure suit just to ride McGill now. a slightly valid rant could be all the guys that cut the switchbacks at Mammoth to ride the chutes, only to be slower than the dudes staying on the trail. and besides, cross country riders have just as much a chance of faceplanting as a dh racer. extra protection can't hurt. in fact, i would say those guys are smart in not wanting to take any chances with breaking an elbow or whatnot.

and who says anyone here even rides mcgill?

·
tuck-n-roll master
636 Posts
why doesn't pussies come out as *******? i'm going to have to remember this for future reference...:p

·
Registered
556 Posts
:) I am impressed with how well you did in your personal race on that archaic sled, a real cinderella story, mad props to you, you handle the glory so well.
:thumbsup: keep doing what you're doing Im behind you buddy don't stop until you have knocked that chip off your shoulder, maybe if you speed up it'll help, good luck

·
Registered
839 Posts
I hate even replying to ignorance like this but I can't help but point out that you (GTFROMAMB dude) probably just posted a formal written invitation for an army of pissed off "MTBRidiots" to show up bombing down your sacred little trail on 45 lb FR & DH rigs runnin over every skinny weight weeny they come across...

You might wanna consider investing in some body armor yourself little buddy.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts