Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visiting the area in May, was wondering conditions for McGill trail, I assume still some snow out there? Anyone been out there this year? Thanks for any info, cheers.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I saw some pics on a local Facebook group...and there is still a lot of snow at the top. Not sure about the rest of the trail. The weather is warming up though.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I made it to the road crossing just past McGill campgound. The dirt was epic but 5 down trees and two snowbanks. I drove to the top nordic center after and there are large snowdrifts. It will be a few more weeks for sure.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I made it to the road crossing just past McGill campgound. The dirt was epic but 5 down trees and two snowbanks. I drove to the top nordic center after and there are large snowdrifts. It will be a few more weeks for sure.
I saw some pics from Crazy Bear's FB page. I think they are clearing the trail.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did a couple laps this week. No snow, trail is dry and tacky in some spots. Running very well, only 1 very large tree roughly halfway down that is full on blocking trail.

Also should mention first day I finished up late 7:30pm or so, prob. and temps were around mid 60s. But... 2nd day finished up around 5pm. and temps were high 30's at the top. I couldn't feel my hands!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.