Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
A plethora of pinatas
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The McDowell Summer MTB by the Moonlight Series Schedule is out with 8 events this season! The 1st ride is on Sat, May 10th, at the Pemberton Trail. The summer night mountain bike series will be held on Friday and Saturday evenings at 7:30 p.m. All riders must have a helmet, a lighting system designed for mountain biking and battery power for 3 hours of riding. It is highly recommended that you ride the trails in day light before coming out for a night ride. The sign in/out sheets are available starting at 6:30 for riders who might need extra time.

Riders must sign-in and sign-out. NO RIDERS WILL BE ALLOWED TO START AFTER 8:00 p.m.

Fountain Hills Bikes will be at each event with free post-ride eats & drinks for riders to enjoy.

Here are the rest of the scheduled dates and keep your eye on the Park's website for complete details (Parks & Recreation - Maricopa County). Mark your calendars and we look forward to seeing you out there!

May 10th - Pemberton Trail (Trailhead Staging Area)
May 31st- Pemberton Trail
June 14th- Pemberton Trail
June 28th- Competitive Track
July 26th- Pemberton Trail
August 9th- Pemberton Trail
August 23rd- Competitive Track
September 13th- Pemberton Trail

Time: 7:30 PM - 10:00 PM Duration: 2.5 hours
Registration Required: No
Fee: no fee other than $6 park entry

Location: McDowell Mountain Regional Park - Trailhead Staging Area

Address:
16300 N. McDowell Mountain Park Drive
Fountain Hills, AZ, AZ 85268

Nature Sky Daytime Landscape Horizon

Photo by Kathleen Kingma (Dirtgurl)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Best post of the year? I think so. Thanks for posting this up Marty. I am going to try to make as many of these as possible (trying for all of them). Such a great vibe out there. If you are thinking about trying night riding, this would be the place to try it :)
I hear you on that one. Two years I've watched these rides go by without ever going. Won't be the case this time, I'm thinking a minimum of three of these rides is in my future. More if I can get more time off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
I have lights... So I can give these a try this year. Just have to make sure the schedule works out.

·
A plethora of pinatas
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Updated schedule with locations....

May 10th - Pemberton Trail (Trailhead Staging Area)
May 31st- Pemberton Trail
June 14th- Pemberton Trail
June 28th- Competitive Track
July 26th- Pemberton Trail
August 9th- Pemberton Trail
August 23rd- Competitive Track
September 13th- Pemberton Trail

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Gotta miss the first one due to a work project at Tucson Medical Center. Guess I will just have to find a nighty down there that weekend.

·
A plethora of pinatas
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking forward to seeing everyone out there this Saturday night!

Serfas will be providing demo lights for anybody who wants to try their lights. Arrive early and let their team get your bike set up. Contact Doug at Fountain Hills Bikes for more info. Fountain Hills Bikes

·
A plethora of pinatas
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great times and awesome turn out. I got a chance to ride with my son for the 1st time in a LONG time. Great B-Day present!

See you all out there for the next event on 5/31/14.

Eyewear Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle helmet

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.