Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· my knees hurt
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of us are heading out to the McDowell Comp. track to get in a few laps for the upcoming race....Meeting at 9 and will probably be out there until 12:30-1:00...
Join in if interested....

· Registered
9,134 Posts
jtotheosh said:
What ss gearing is good for the course out there? I'm new to az and haven't made it out there nor will I be able to before the race. If figured ye olde 2-1 would be a safe bet...anyone care to opine?
With the exception of one shortish, semi-steep hill (I assume it's the competitive loops), relatively flat. The bigger, the better.

· Registered
179 Posts
singlespeedsycip said:
A few of us are heading out to the McDowell Comp. track to get in a few laps for the upcoming race....Meeting at 9 and will probably be out there until 12:30-1:00...
Join in if interested....
I was out there with a couple of friends, how'd you like that cold rain. Were you guys the ones that asked if we had seen a rider on a black singlespeed on the long loop??

· my knees hurt
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As far as gearing goes I'll be probably running 32x18 (possibly 17 if I feel up to it) on the 29er.

Racing single speed advanced group....

good luck everybody!

· Registered
1,293 Posts
Enel said:
Is the riding on the loops at all similar to Desert Classic?
The competitive loops are like Desert Classic in that both have relatively little elevation gain and loss but the competive loops are narrower, faster, smoother with not so many hikers. You'll find that the competive loops are a real treat if you are used to riding the Desert Classic -- at least I did. Unfortunately McDowell is a long ways from my home.