Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
That Waters Guy
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least not in Woodinville. The sales dude said the buyer wasn't going to be buying them again. :madman: Capitalism in action, I guess.

I found a grape hoe that'll work for gardening purposes but it's way too light to be a real trail tool.

Bummer.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
At least not in Woodinville. The sales dude said the buyer wasn't going to be buying them again. :madman: Capitalism in action, I guess.

I found a grape hoe that'll work for gardening purposes but it's way too light to be a real trail tool.

Bummer.
And they will not special order them?

I have alway bought mine from Terra Tech in Eugene, when I lived there. Still using my 20 year old Macleod.
http://www.terratech.net

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Considering how much McClendon's was charging for McLeods, might not be A bad thing. Much cheaper to find some online even with shipping.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Check out Ben Meadows (online) for tools. They seem to have good prices and great customer service. They mailed me a new Pulaski after one of our guys busted it. No questions asked. (It was less than a year old.)

·
Registered
168 Posts
I also recommend Ben meadows. Bought a rogue, forestry shovel and mcLeod. If anyone is committed to McClendons though the one in Kent has a USFS mcleod for close to $100. It has been sitting there for years so you could probably talk them down. Hmm that's not a bad idea, I might try that. Forget what I said! Definitely no mcleods there!

Highly recommend rogue hoes as well. I personally use the curved hickory handle on a pick hoe head (60A).

·
That Waters Guy
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the 70HR54 and it's quite good.
Yah, that's the one I've got picked out, only in fiberglass along with a couple of buckets from Ben.

It looks like the best of a McCleod and a grub hoe.

I just don't think McCleod's are quite heavy enough to chop with, and my pulaski's getting kind of worn. :p

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
We have a Mcleod for you then! My buddy made a few using thick steel plate, sharpened one edge and put tines on the other end. It like swinging a 15lb tamper with a cutting edge! We use it for the heavy chopping and cutting in new ground and makes a great tamper too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts