Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all, what's open, what isn't, who might want to go out for a morning/afternoon spin with lil ol formica?

Looks like I'm running a shuttle for the S Fk Salmon boaters and then hanging in McCall for the weekened.....

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, does anyone at least have a beta on trail conditions? Since the Lick Creek rd. just opened up a few days ago, I am thinking the trail to Duck Lake is not ready, but what about East Fork Lake Fork, the lower 20 mile or ???

thanks for anything you can toss this way....

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hi Formica,
I'd like to try to set up a ride, but there are some unknowns in my schedule at the moment- I should know tomorrow if a friend is coming into town for the skateboard contest.
Here's the info I have HEARD- I haven't checked all these myself though-
EFoLF is good, but with 2 trees down
Tam trails are in great shape
Brundage- no reconaisance yet
Rim ride was messy, but I should have an update after tonight.
Jughandle trails are good
Eagle's Nest is good
Xterra/Crestline is not in good shape and has a monster burned tree across it that leaves you looking like a chimney sweep after you climb over it.
Loon Lake- the FS has been rebuilding bridges there
20 Mile- no one has dared look at it

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll be accessible by PM, that would be great.
I did talk to someone at the McCall USFS office this morning, 20 from the wagon rd. trailhead is cleared to the junction where the lakes trail turns off (??)

·
Registered
747 Posts
That makes sense- 20 Mile Trail from the Warren Wagon Rd side is cleared up to the junction to 20 Mile Lake. That's a few miles up the trail from WW Rd., but not very far.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I know it's last minute, but how about a ride at 10:00 am on the 4th- tomorrow? Meet at the Farmer's Market (by Gravity Sports) at 10:00 and let's go hit the Rim Ride with the new extension.

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh rats - I am running shuttle for the guys, we have to be at the confluence of the Secesh and SFk Salmon at 10 am.... poopys. Sat will be my only "free" day I think. so let me know. It's pretty hot if you dont get out early.

f.

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
eek what a shuttle. There was a kayak fatality with no recovery upriver from where the guys put in

I"ll check out bear basin Sat am.... looks pretty up there, and just for grins...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey Formica....

Heard on the news over the weekend that a kayaker died on the East Fork of the South Fork of the Salmon.......bummer. I've scouted that river from Flight Simulator down and passed on running it in a paddle raft.

Good flow on the South Fork of the Salmon right now.........

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As always, a good time was had. Hubby had a great trip. I got a ride in with some friends of my friends - up from Bear Basin to the top of Brundage, down the trails on the front, back around to the rigs. OMG, what a gorgeous day, carpets of flowers everywhere. Things were hampered by an incident that may have me off the bike for a few weeks.:mad:

There is always next time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.