Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple pix from today, most of this crew are up partying around the campfire as I type this...

-slide

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice pics! What type of riding is Boggs? I see full face and coils/double crowns. I just want to know what bike I should take if I go. I have a CC hardtail and a FR/Dh rig, that I don't mind peddling as long as the climbs are not so steep- only a 9 speed!
Thanks anybody

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
Offdeez said:
Nice pics! What type of riding is Boggs? I see full face and coils/double crowns. I just want to know what bike I should take if I go. I have a CC hardtail and a FR/Dh rig, that I don't mind peddling as long as the climbs are not so steep- only a 9 speed!
Thanks anybody
Offdeez - I rode Boggs 2 weeks ago on a 29'er SS and only got off to push 3 times (for less than 50 ft) in a 20 mile set of loops. It's the type of place that you can make whatever you want of it. I wasn't catching the air that those guys were on the big bikes, but was probably climbing a lot faster on the longer grades, and going about the same speed on the smoother swoopy stuff! For a big hit, or even just a 6" trailbike, there is a lot of fun that could be had at Boggs. I think that if you like to catch a bit of air, and want to pedal most of it efficiently, most people would love it on a 5" bike. 1 x 9 is fine - should be able to make everything except one or two sections.

·
Master of None
1,462 Posts
Offdeez said:
Thanks anybody
Yeah Boggs has something for most everyone. Not a lot of rock gardens and it didn't push the limit of my 6" bike but plenty of stuff to jump and mostly smooth enough for even a rigid bike.

Take the hardtail for a good workout or take the FR bike for messing around.

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
Presslab, you did a great job leading us around Boggs a couple of weeks ago - thanks again - you on your 6" and me on my fully rigid SS. I look forward to getting back there this Fall!

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, the big bikes are overkill for most but those guys were having fun on them. I liked having a 4 inch travel bike on Houghton Creek (?) Trail but other wise a hard tail would be a good choice for most trails we rode.

-slide

·
Master of None
1,462 Posts
ATBScott said:
Presslab, you did a great job leading us around Boggs a couple of weeks ago - thanks again - you on your 6" and me on my fully rigid SS. I look forward to getting back there this Fall!
That was a fun ride, thanks for the company! One of my last rides for a while, but I should be ready to go again in the fall.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,862 Posts
slide mon said:
A couple pix from today, most of this crew are up partying around the campfire as I type this...

-slide
Yours...

...and from my POV :thumbsup:

Nice pic of Robert, btw!

fp

·
ROOOOOOOO
1,669 Posts
I learned a few lessons this weekend, but one of the most important was not to leave one's camera unattended.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hangin' at Boggs

Once again. I had an excellent time hanging out at Boggs with everyone as the finale to MBTB. Not having to rush to and from the ride and the forest is such a wonderful change of pace. Thanks to everyone for being so kind as to warmly welcome my local mountainbike community friends who like to ride and socialize, but do not do the computer thing and post on MTBR. Thanks to Tim for being the "host with the most" and getting us set up at ":home" and on our way. Wish we could have ridden together a bit, but will have to make our way up to Cobb and ride outside all the festivities. Took a few photos, but will have to rely on the other crack photographers to fill in the blanks.

1. Slide and Neil made the trek to join us. I believe it was worth the trip for them. Thanks for your effort, guys!

2. Finch went to great lengths to get just the right perspective for his shots. C'mon Gary, post them pictures!

3. John C. in the dirt, but still maintains his composure.

Attachments

·
Medium?
6,728 Posts
J said:
I learned a few lessons this weekend, but one of the most important was not to leave one's camera unattended.
I brought my camera, but I never took it out. I did get one shot though. How'd it come out? And, no, I don't need you to post it.

I don't think any of the three of us ever laughed so hard at a gathering...

·
Life's a Garden, dig it!
4,549 Posts
I see John was riding his latest creation... was it set up as a 69er?

Chuck

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
nice pix slide mon. nice to meetchu. say hi to marne willya? ;)

a great weekend, thanks everyone. al and I made it to the 5 sun nite and then home by 2pm the next day, tired but happy.

·
Life's a Garden, dig it!
4,549 Posts
Fast Eddy said:
29er at both ends. I'm pretty sure he rode that bike last year too...
Just wondering is all. I have run into (not literally) John a few times in Annadel and I've seen it set up both ways. I haven't talked to him in awhile and am wondering if/when he's going to put it into production. I'd like to ride it one of these days to see how the suspension/pedaling feels.

·
MTBr ReMember
654 Posts
presslab said:
That was a fun ride, thanks for the company! One of my last rides for a while, but I should be ready to go again in the fall.
Ryan,
I hope your knee is on the mend so we can ride later in the season.
Sorry you missed this one but we'll see you at the next one.

Tim

1 - 20 of 24 Posts