Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Medium?
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is all official now! We have four-of-a-kind for MBTB 9!

Four weekend events in May, culminating with the traditional Rockville-Fri, Annadel-Sat, Boggs camping Saturday through Memorial day and Oat Hill Mine Rd on the way home.

Harvey Bear Ranch - May 5-6
- In cooperation with V-O-Cal and ROMP - Trail building, Camping and Partying
- Please read up on V-O-Cal. Cool new Bay Area organization!!!
- http://www.v-o-cal.org/proj/current.html
- http://www.romp.org/modules.php?op=...e=article&sid=234&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

ROMP/IMBA Coe Epic Backcountry Weekend at the new Dowdy Ranch park entrance facility! - May 12th & 13th
- Trailwork option, backcountry camping & catered bbq. Epic riding!
- http://www.romp.org/
- ROMP Members only, $20
- I'm shuttling gear for anyone who wants out to where we will be camping will be at the new Dowdy Ranch facility. Ride in to your warm, dry change of clothes and fresh gear for the ride back out!

Ales & Trails @ China Camp - May 19th
- Group Rides led by Bikeskills
- Gourmet BBQ
- Local beer on tap for tasting
- Live music
- Trials demo
- Silent auction

Briones Regional Park - East Bay - May 20th
- Briones show-of-strength and goodwill. Multi-use ride with food and drinks afterwards.
- 9:00am start from Dan'ger's house: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...631&spn=0.001569,0.002494&t=h&om=1&iwloc=addr
- OR, 9:30am start from Alhambra Creek staging area: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...569&spn=0.012553,0.019956&t=h&om=1&iwloc=addr
- OR, for a shorter ride, 10:30am at the Bear Creek Staging Area: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...8602&spn=0.00314,0.004989&t=h&om=1&iwloc=addr

Rockville - May 25th
- traditionally lead by WG

Annadel - May 26th
- I propose "All Annadel" 30+ miles (down L'dale, up Shultz) Lepes after, then on to...

Boggs - May 26th night, 27th & 28th
- near-full-moon night race anyone?
- Air Gun Biathalon?

Oat Hill - May 28th - Memorial Day
- Led by Ogre & Velocipus. Don't wimp out! This will be a great ride!

If anyone feels like helping organize, we could use help. It's a good time to start thinking about piles of swag and beer donations. I could use a couple non-riding (or less ambitious riding) driver volunteers with big vehicles for the Coe weekend.

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I have been wanting to pester you, but figured information would come when available. Dates are good. I am going to put in for the time off this year. No d'king around. I have missed most of these rides the last couple of years. Time to put the foot down and make it happen since I rolled over about 80hrs of vacation time from last year. That just means that I am working to hard and should be out riding more in 2007 :p

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,168 Posts
Coolio
Put me down for 'da usual'
Keep me in the loop if I can help otherwise etc.
(dscot420... know whatchya mean... I had way too many typos and fumble fingers after several fermented beverages)

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
Yeah, good beverages will give me the happy fingers. I am also stoked to see a MBTB post. With all of my vacation time available I am trying to plan out my riding vacations for the year. I am getting some attitude from the Mrs., but she can't complain too much since I am asking for less than half of the vacation time for riding. Looking forward to MBTB and a long Downievile/Tahoe trip this year. If I can swing it a Huntsville AL ride as well.

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
Fast Eddy said:
Marin - May 20th
- China Camp with "some beer & stuff" afterwards [hint, hint]
Hey, pm me the deets on China Camp. That's my backyard 'n all, and I got some extra days to take off this year. Interested in talking to whoever is leading....

-slide

·
JaySpace
22 Posts
Wassup Fast Eddy?
Long time since I rode with you guys (24HOA Monterey '05). Been enjoying new fatherhood...

Happy to help organize with some of the East Bay/Diablo stuff... I think I saw a thread from Dan'ger too, so I'll post there-- but wanted to say howdy here too.

Does the East Bay plan usually connect somehow with China Camp? i.e., ride Diablo, shower up, and get out to China Camp for some overnight camping to awake for a ride in the AM?

-Jay

·
sunnyside up
1,193 Posts
May 5-6 trailbuilding at Harvey Bear, Morgan Hill

I'm planning a massive trailbuilding project at Coyote Lake-Harvey Bear County Park in Morgan Hill. Gonna build about 3 miles of brand new narrow trail in one weekend. I need about 300 volunteers. Volunteers get free food, free beer, free camping, swag, and first tracks on new singletrack.

I'll post details soon.

Patty

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Fast Eddy said:
I need a couple non-riding (or less ambitious riding) driver volunteers with big vehicles for the first weekend.
I don't mind lending my vehicle for someone else to drive it in. I've even got a large flatbed trailer that can be brought if we need more capacity.

·
Medium?
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Edits

I edited the top post to include Oat Hill on Memorial Day and Patty's whacky trail build. 3 miles = 15000', so that's 50' per person for 300 people. Me and my three little helpers should be good for 100' or so. I wanna see a map. Are there little flags up yet?

The gathering's yours, not mine. Feel free to make suggestions. Jay's suggestion of camping at China Camp is a good example. We thought of it, but hadn't made firm enough plans to say so. I have never noticed campsites in my two trips there. Doh.

I've always offered to make camping plans between Rockville and Annadel, but no one's ever taken me up on it. I think some folks camped at Boggs on Friday night and rode down into Santa Rosa with UncleMTB.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I'll be at Annadel and Boggs for sure.

I'll probably bring my wife and one year-old son camping at Boggs, so if anyone else wants to bring some kids or non-biking family, they'll have company.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.