Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awesome stuff! Met a shload of new peeps, and got in some killer riding. Great apres party at Deb's with more 'exotic' beer than you can shake a mug at.

Mountain bikers are the coolest people. Except for Fast Ed.

Gotta hit work here, so here are a few pics to tide you over until I get more time.

Gary

Attachments

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Nice start! Looking forward to seeing the Boggs pics!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I forgot

I used my phone to take a few. Here's what I have....

Our campsite

FP

Endo on the ST

UncleMTB

FS

Jen's Squeaky

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I don't know much about Boggs...is this campsite at or near the trails up there? Looks awesome.
This campsite was at the Group Campsite. You start the ride from camp. A short trip down a fire road takes you to the ST. You can camp just about anywhere in Boggs and hit the trails.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm, I just tried to use a photo uploading site for the pics, but that didn't work. I'll just continue to do it the ol' MTBR way. Also, please forgive the quality of some of the shots. It's a fairly new camera, and I'm still figuring out what works and what doesn't.

Anyhoo....

Whew, what a weekend! So many people, so much time. First of all, I need to thank Deb, aka Tank Girl, for setting up the accomodations for Endo when I rode Annadel (and for the salami & cheese you left in my ice chest. D'oh!). That was extremely cool. Nice to meet you, Deb. ;^) A loud shout out to Anderson Acres in Santa Rosa for boarding my dog for several hours on a Saturday, setting aside a few of their rules to make it happen. That's quite a place. If I were a dog, that's where I'd want to go- a country setting, with many friends to keep me company. Woof!

Annadel was as good as it gets. We had many riders from all over, I met several new people there, and saw plenty of old friends, and at Deb's party, I met even more. One girl was from Gilroy, is that right? That's a haul. Thank you thank you to the folks who supplied food for the party, including Deb, who made some killer cookies and other delectables, the salmon was fricking perfect, the "hot dogs" were scrumptous, and the beers! Oh, the beers. Plenty of samples of different beers. I was in heaven.

And Boggs. Gotta love Boggs. Even those who crash at Boggs come back, vowing to have a good time this time, because Boggs is a mountain biker's paradise. Sure, the camping fee is a little harsh after all these years of FREE, but as Jayme says, maybe that fee keeps the riff-raff out. And we didn't see much riff-raff, did we, aside from Fast Ed (who let HIM in?). People were pretty mellow. Jeez, we didn't hear a peep out of the Davis group. They kept to themselves, except for the dog that came over to entertain Endo.

Thanks to Ed, for taking a few hours at Safeway in SR to select only the finest vittles for Sunday a.m. breakfast, and then fixing said vittles and cleaning up afterwards. I don't know why you come to these things- it's so much work! Thanks to Zipnzap for the tasty green burritos and the breakfast burritos the next a.m. Thanks to Uncle MTB (Tim) for getting the group site for us, and bringing water, firewood and other amenities.

In other words, thanks to all who made this the best May By The Bay evar!

On with the pics (in no particular order)!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Awesome pic, FP! Thanks for taking the photos!

Larry

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts