Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
azokie said:
Does anybody remember what the lap count was and if they ran the race clockwise or counter-clockwise for Cat 3 male last year?
Last year was counter-clockwise and not sure what Cat 3 distance was. I raced cat 2/ss novice and it was 3 laps so im pretty sure Cat 3/beginner was 2 laps.

·
Dad trying to keep up!
37 Posts
on the site

Posted on MBAA yesterday I think. They are listed now on the Info link. 12.8 (2 laps) for Cat 3 men. Doesn't say which direction they are riding. Fun course with a few challenges here and there.

See you there,

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sunday Recon Ride

I'll be riding the Long Loop tomorrow morning (Sunday) at 9:00 if anyone wants to join. Two maybe three loops. Depends on how long it takes and the need to get back home for some Football!!!!

·
livin' the dream......
1,967 Posts
Cat 3er's: Happened to see our loops have changed to 3 Inside Loops from the 2 Perimeter loops.

Skipping the preride I planned for this thursday.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
azokie said:
Thanks for the update...they are following the Dirt Devil format. About the same milage, less tech. Hopefully it will dry out by the weekend for a pre-ride.
I rode yesterday probably 2 hours after the heavy rains hit, and you could hardly tell it had rained. That trail absorbs water like a sponge.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Cat 2 women

so it looks like they changed the lap count for Cat 2 women as well.

3 internal laps.

WTF, no climb, no tech. I'm WAY bummed.

The Cat 2 guys do 3 outer loops for a total of 19 miles. Why can't the girls do the same amount? We're not that much slower than the guys.

·
Ridin bikes is fun
784 Posts
tiffanyinanthem said:
so it looks like they changed the lap count for Cat 2 women as well.

3 internal laps.

WTF, no climb, no tech. I'm WAY bummed.

The Cat 2 guys do 3 outer loops for a total of 19 miles. Why can't the girls do the same amount? We're not that much slower than the guys.
Your not that much slower than the guys, but most are slower. It still sucks though, the inner loops are not mountian biking IMO.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
tamen00 said:
I wish that I could do some inner loops... walking up that switchback climb sucks... :)
Just hearing you say this makes me feel good. Monday was the first time I've ridden this on a SS, and don't think I've cleared that hill on a geared bike. I was able to make the first climb, but lost my mojo when I tried to turn the corner.

·
livin' the dream......
1,967 Posts
Might try to pre-ride this weekend. Only been there once for the Dust Devil race, so I don't know the whole outer loop. Glad they changed to this, was not too stoked for 3 internals.........

Also, I joined MBAA a day or two after the McDowell race, anyone know if I should be expecting something in the mail? Want to be able to register for this one as a member. I've not contacted them yet..thx

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.